Join Today
    OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

double din unit for s70r

Had a look at the sc900 today and some ones all ready been inside it to which I found the cd draw kaput.
    So onto the double din would the one in the link work with the cars original amp as I know any have had problems with either no sound or crap sound.
    When I had the v70r that came with a extrons double din which was great but thay had the trouble of the poor sound quality I. E lack of bass or depth.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    no link fella

OH DEAR
    Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    That things gonna be a collosal sack of ££££!

As long as you get an ISO adapter lead to connect between the factory wiring and the new head unit the sound will be fine.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    It looks to have the two rca out puts so should work but would be nice to know if any one else has fitted one

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    That things gonna be a collosal sack of ££££!

As long as you get an ISO adapter lead to connect between the factory wiring and the new head unit the sound will be fine.
    TBH the one that came with the v70r was great Chris sat nav worked perfectly just problems with sound but it didn't have the amp lead to bypass it.
    I've looked at the better brands for sat nav but at 4 or 5 times the price it's just not worth it thats why I wanted opinions on this from people who have one.
    This is the lead that the other car didn't have
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S70-...item27fbcce4ac
    Last edited by t5 pete; Wednesday 29th July 2015 at 18:58.

This user has no status

Thanks
    HIGHLY recommened this one for you Pete

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/AVH-X4500BT

I have this in mine (after having also got my R with an Xtrons in, replaced it with an Xtrons which went boobies north inside of 6 months).

The problem with the cheapo ones i found were the rocker switches they use at the back for the volume/seek/etc buttons were very poor quality. The xtrons ones I had to desolder as they got to the point where the volume would turn it self up full on its own. Bit of heart racer when you're on the M-way i can tell ya!

The Pioneer I've had for about 5 months now and cant fault it. I have a modest sub in the boot as well (which is also a Pioneer and was in her when I got her) and the HU drives it well without any amp.

The ISO plugs straight onto the car one and it will also dim the HU lights when you turn your headlights on, depending on how you have your dash illumination set.

Hope that helps
    1997 V70 R
    Fully adjustable Koni's
    3" Jetex front to back
    Carbon Filter
    Black Comets
    Full tints all round

The girls a stunner!

Thread Information