Join Today
    Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks

Clearing Servicing Alerts from the display

OK so I have done a search but cannot find any other threads on this subject - perhaps there is one if so sorry for reposting.

I read on another site how to clear annoying SERVICE THIS/ SERVICE THAT messages coming up - along the lines of - (press this for 3 secs - press that for 2 - turn heater on and off - stand on one leg etc) that sort of thing and presto - the annoying things are gone.

Whats the heads up on doing this please, Im getting servicing flagging up which I want gone.

ta

This user has no status

Thanks
    It depends on what needs servicing. If it's the standard service reminder then you can switch it off using the trip buttons etc, but if it's engine service required, alarm service required or abs service required etc then you must first correct the fault that's causing these messages to appear. If you fix the fault, the messages will automatically disappear

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:

Tee5alive (Wednesday 29th July 2015)

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    ah so how can I get fault numbers up to see whats up please?

ive got ENGINE SERVICE
    and BRAKE ASSIST???? coming up

This user has no status

Thanks
    You need to get a diagnostic check performed on the car to bring up the fault codes. Only then will you have an idea of what the problems are. Your engine service required message could be something as simple as a split intake pipe, intercooler pipe, damaged intercooler or stuck egr valve etc. The brake assist could be an issue with your brake servo or master cylinder. You really would need to get the codes checked to try to pinpoint the problem areas. Does your car feel as quick as it used to? Or do you hear any whistles or large rushes of air when you put the boot down?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Most times you will need the codes down loaded then reset but they will only clear if the fault is removed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Im thinking it could be related to the battery under voltage and possible alternator failure or fault as the ABS will be playing up and the ECU will be scatty so once I have confirmed alternator I will check codes as there were NONE after the full turbo upgrade and rebuild, it only came up today. Now it occurred to me Ive had my hands in her guts very close to the alternator plug so MIGHT have loosened it. Couldnt check today after fast runs due to the heat, so will check tomorrow cold. I have the battery on charge overnight and immediately on startup I will meter the alternator output to see if it needs to go in the skip!

If I still have codes up after all that I'll have to bite the bullet and take it to Volvo and spend ANOTHER £300 on diags I was very careful to do all the turbo pipes up F. TIGHT as theres a lot of pressure there but will check again thanks Dancake

She is pulling like a train but come to think of it theres an unusual noise that DOES sound like compressor hiss - I'll have a shufti
    Last edited by Tee5alive; Wednesday 29th July 2015 at 21:16.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Get a code reader off eBay, a cheap generic one should suffice, you'll be able to clear the codes with that. If the codes come back, then you have an underlying problem.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

Tee5alive (Thursday 30th July 2015)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    The only service warning that can be reset by the user is the "time for regular service " message. Everything else is a warning and will require diagnostic software. The in dash code reading sequence is all but useless and gives you a vague idea of something being up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Tee5alive (Thursday 30th July 2015)

Thread Information