Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Appreciative
    Thanks
    Looking great, following a similar path to me with my 855, restoration with a few 'hidden' delights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just to keep things updated, the other day I replaced the fuel filter and bracket with new genuine items.

I also replaced the clamp on the fuel filler neck, again with genuine items as it was almost totally rusted away!

Tomorrows jobs are top mounts and bearings (SKF), ARB drop links (Meyle HD) and new brake hoses (Pagid) up front.

1996 850 T5 Estate (Manual) - 215k miles, 267bhp/280lb/ft
    RICA 304, De-cat, 'R' front bumper, Wooden steering wheel

FOR SALE - PM Me!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Max M4X WW For This Useful Post:

Saaamon (Tuesday 1st December 2015),Shinsplintz 101 (Monday 30th November 2015),WOODY T5 (Monday 30th November 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I got all the bits fitted yesterday then took the car to KwikFit for a full hunter alignment. They didn't manage to do the rear, as they couldn't figure it out / something was seized. Something to do with the bush on the end of one of the long arms I think. Annoyingly they closed the computer down before I managed to ask for a print out so I don't have that either!

The top mounts have fixed a fair amount of noises, but I still have a slight noise when pulling away occasionally. I don't think its the bulkhead engine mount as it already has a powerflex bush but I guess it may be the smaller one.

FOR SALE - PM Me!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Good looking 855 man very cool im on sorting mine aswell at the min hopefully it will be looking as tidy as this soon ����
    good work mate

This user has no status

Thanks
    It was D day yesterday, I'd wanted to get the car on a dyno for a while to see exactly what was going on and to make sure the fuelling etc was good.

I was very pleased with the outcome - wanting more than standard, preferably 250+ and I ended up with the following..

267bhp and ~285lb/ft which I was very happy with! I'm told the fuelling is fine and apart from a couple of dips in the curves I've nothing to worry about - the clutch even held up.

This week I have a new exhaust being delivered, which may take me a shade over 270 and hopefully be a bit quieter!

FOR SALE - PM Me!

Thread Information