Join Today

Thread: burning oil

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks

burning oil

My ex plod now has 264k it's using about a litre of oil every 2k. Over the last week I've noticed when I stop for traffic lights and let the car idle while waiting thete seems to be puffs of blue white smoke that smell of burning oil. As soon as I acellerate away the smoking stops, I'm I right in thinking it could be seals on turbo on there way out? There is also a small weeping of oil on the outside of the turbo. Turbo was last replaced at 100k
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Could well be the oil return pipe off the bottom of the turbo. Often blow seals. Also check the pcv as increased pressure can force oil out of all sorts of places including the oil filler cap, check the top of block under the plastic covers. Happy hunting

Sorry just reread the op, could well be Turbo seals as its done 164K since last replacing, so could do with refurbishment

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Cheers pcv seems ok as no smoke when pulling dip stick out. Recently had cam and crank seals replaced
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

Thread Information