Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks

Another 940 project!

So ever since watching Bamse's Turbo Underpants, I've been wanting to build a silly Redblock powered RWD Volvo! I looked at converting 240's/740's but this came up cheap cheap.

I already had a complete engine/box/look etc for conversion, so that's now being built up with some KG Trimning goodies in the shape of their KG-0004 cam, 38mm exhaust valves and double valvesprings, there will also be a set of rods going in too. Target for a start is 300 at the wheels, then start creeping it up until my T34 runs out of puff, then it'll be Holset time.

It's a late spec 2.3 HPT with M90 and all the goodies, bar an open diff...

Plan for the time being is to run the stock motor with the T34, big cooler, injectors, port matched head, ported exhaust/inlet fanimold and something like a K cam with a ££££ton of boost down its neck, see how long it lasts.

Paintwork is horrendous, which for a bufty like me is painful to see, but it adds to the sleeper appeal, outside will be staying stock bar a side exit and possibly banded steels.

Drove back from Birmingham with this, plenty of miles in them!

Goodies from Sweden.

So long A/C.

Turbo downpipe flange I made and had machined.

T34 needs clocking though, the compressor outlet aims right at the manifold at the moment

Going to DIY coilover the standard shocks for the time being, might do the same with some B4's later on, unsure on the rears yet though.
    4 pots on the front from something, will depend on what wheels I decide on!

Will keep you updated!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweep For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Sunday 28th June 2015),stribo (Monday 5th October 2015)

Thread Information