Join Today

Threaded View

Swede demon
    Thanks
    hey everyone! been a while i know but some more things have been going on with the old bus.

so at long last got my pinging issue sorted new knock sensor fitted and it still pinged. tested the wires wernt broken. and tried conti testing the old knock sensor. that it didnt like! oops then checked my timing, turns out it was set at 20 as a base and was just advancing it into oblivion so set it to 10 and now runs fine (spec is 12 but i couldnt get it that good)

fitted my turbo bricks sticker cause why not, got my new speakers for it some pioneer coaxal 3 ways to uprate the sound system slightly, also got my hands on ANOTHER set of ht170 NOS speaker grilles for the rear doors.

and heres my main find a set of 1988 early style 740 door cards. they arent in too bad condition some dents, damage and slight wrinkling on the passenger side but all fixable.

got them all installed with my new speakers mounted in temporarily untill i can make a proper mounting system for them. and also got some nice new headlight protectors to modify to make work with my USA lights to protect them from stones on my autobhan trips.

new knock sensor

turbobricks sticker installed

new pioneers turned up

out of the box

with the grilles removed

HT170 grilles

old style door cards

1988 date code, last of the old style

general mess of speakers grilles and trim!

new speakers screwed into the plastic mounting

not great weather for door card fitting...snowing.

HT170 grilles fitted on the new door cards, cant see the speakers behined

USA style at night

the west yorkshire brigade out in force

new headlight protectors

The Scrapyard Saved 740

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemihusky For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Sunday 31st January 2016),kmb (Sunday 31st January 2016),martin_r_smith (Sunday 31st January 2016)

Thread Information