Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

S60r clutch options

Good evening, my clutch on my 53 plate s60r has started to slip occasionally, slowly getting worse, it was always rough changing into second first thing in a morning, coming up to 90,000 miles, car has a stage one map on it, will eventually go for a sports cat downpipe, searched lots of posts and still can't decide whether to go with standard clutch, dmf and master cylinder, or to go with don's clutch and single flywheel conversion.
    And does anybody have any recommendations for fitting in the Derby/notts area.
    Thanks

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    The important thing is how do you drive the car and is it still around 330bhp or are you looking to get some bigger numbers.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    I use a Spec 3+ clutch and SMF in mine, it does sacrifice in traffic comfort though.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not really chasing any numbers, I only use it for a small commute to work Monday to Friday, and the occasional weekly shop, cover less than 5,000 miles a year in it, there is a bit of hill traffic queuing on occasion, but I am slowly putting some money into keeping the car mechanically sound, once I had done the stage 0 and 4 wheel drive fixed before the stage one, I'm thinking that it will be suspension struts that will need replacing next before I get the block shimmed, once the clutch is sorted. Not in any great rush, had it 2 years already, just trying to do things for long term to hold the value of the car.
    More worried about labour costs and keeping them under control

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Kalmar Union AP clutch and flywheel kit fitted by Tim Williams when he does your block shim, would save £££'s in labour costs and with the added benefit of feeling like a standard clutch.

http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-...-transmission/

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had read that Tim did the shim mod, did not know he can do clutch, interesting, looks like I will be hunting for his contact details, I know he's mega busy by what I've read on forums

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markyb View Post
    I had read that Tim did the shim mod, did not know he can do clutch, interesting, looks like I will be hunting for his contact details, I know he's mega busy by what I've read on forums
    He's done several clutches for me and re-builds (just don't tell the Wife). Drop me a PM and I'll give you his number. AP clutch and flywheel being run by a few that I know of. Really is a superb bit of kit, it's a shame to have to hide it away.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ok thanks, I've sent him a pm on t5d5, tho he did just post he is having a few days off, so will see if I hear anything by the end of next week

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    It may be the following week mate, a group of us are heading to the Nurburgring on Monday. So he's pretty much out of it for a week and a bit.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Finally ordered it, along with downpipe......... Just waiting for Tim to get back to me on having it fitted, soon hopefully

This user has no status

Thanks
    All fitted, old clutch was quite exceptionally worn, almost completely smooth, Tim is quite simply fantastic, car will only be going to him from now on, had a good chat about what's next for my car, fortunately car seems mechanically not too bad, definitely needs that old cat back exhaust removing now, drones a bit with the ferrita downpipe on

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markyb For This Useful Post:

Redbrick (Monday 8th June 2015),S70T5Chris (Sunday 7th June 2015)

Thread Information