Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Heated seats not working

The drivers heated seat not working on my 850. The electric motors etc... that move the seat works fine, not getting warm!
    Any idea's?

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you can't see any broken or disconnected wires, It could be the heating element that has died. I assume that the passenger seat is heating up OK?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeah passenger seat seems to be working!

Appreciative
    Thanks
    I just repaired both of my 850 heated seats, put the seat on it's highest setting and as forward as it will go, get down in the rear seat foot well and look for one or both broken wires attaching into the heating element in the seat base, up through a hole in the foam - They snap where the bucket connectors are. Crimp on new connectors and reconnection worked for me!

Can be fixed without taking the seats out, worst part is access and plugging them back on (getting someone to sit on the seat helps)!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    I just repaired both of my 850 heated seats, put the seat on it's highest setting and as forward as it will go, get down in the rear seat foot well and look for one or both broken wires attaching into the heating element in the seat base, up through a hole in the foam - They snap where the bucket connectors are. Crimp on new connectors and reconnection worked for me!

Can be fixed without taking the seats out, worst part is access and plugging them back on (getting someone to sit on the seat helps)!
    I ripped mine apart the other day, and yes there was a broken wire, which I repaired and plugged back in, but still no heat?

Lashing it up with binding
    twine.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMO View Post
    I ripped mine apart the other day, and yes there was a broken wire, which I repaired and plugged back in, but still no heat?
    That's because yours has had the recall then most likely. Look under the seat and you should see a black box about the size of a pack of 20 fags. The pads are linked in series. Test the bottom pad first by tracing the wiring from the front bottom edge of the seat underneath into that black box, unplug the connector and using your multi meter to test for an open circuit. If it's ok test the back pad.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    OK, when I've got a spare weekend. Ta!

Thread Information