Join Today

Thread: VXR injectors

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks

VXR injectors

This question may have been asked before, I have an explod 2005 T5 which has blue injectors, I have bought a set of VXR injectors with the view that I was going to install these injectors and get a map to suit. However I am now looking at an off the shelf map, as opposed to something bespoke. If I were to then install the VXR injectors with a standard off the shelf map would the car be likely to over fuel? or would the ECU compensate.
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    jst have it mapped via dream3r for the vxrs....

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    That had been my original intention, however after going on T5D5 and all the disclaimers on Dream3rs now locked project thread I was having second thoughts
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    There is no need to buy any replacement injectors for the standard T5 and R (P2) cars, they are simply not needed unless you go for very high outputs, they give no increase in outputs at these levels of tune.

I can offer you MTE's Swedish written software in either stage 1 or 2 form for £395 including VAT. You do not need to travel as you need only use MTE's unique Softloader interface to do the installation yourself from initial read-out to final loading of their calibrations: the Softloader connects your car's OBD port to an XP equipped laptop. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155.

Don.
    Last edited by don kalmar union; Wednesday 22nd April 2015 at 16:12.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

expolicev70t5 (Wednesday 22nd April 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by expolicev70t5 View Post
    That had been my original intention, however after going on T5D5 and all the disclaimers on Dream3rs now locked project thread I was having second thoughts
    Looks like the same old story we have seen play out a few times.

I get the impression that guys spend thousands of pounds on unproven combinations of hardware then comparatively little on mapping & development….then all sorts of ££££ flies about on the forums when it goes pop.

A generic map like Don offers above is the way to go if you are doing only a few mods e.g. software & exhaust.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Thursday 23rd April 2015),expolicev70t5 (Wednesday 22nd April 2015)

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    I'm not all up on the story but was regarding garbage turbo...
    I couldn't recommend johns map enough and he offers a lot more than the competition.
    There's alot of confliction between him and the t5d5 lads tbh
    Had his custom map for a good while now with intention on taking the k24 to the max and all been dreamy!
    I'm sure the like of stew and many others will back up his maps

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T5RatherAmusin For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Thursday 23rd April 2015),expolicev70t5 (Wednesday 22nd April 2015),jamesy12345 (Wednesday 22nd April 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Using the VXRs won't affect closed loop fuelling as the ECU will adjust realtime via the lambda sensors. It will definitely overfuel in open loop unless you get a proper map with the correct injector scaling. As Don said, it's pointless changing the injectors unless you are going for big power with a map to suit.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I'll be purchasing one soon ish, once a few things are finished up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Thursday 23rd April 2015)

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    In answer to getting it mapped for the vxr injectors then the answer to that would be yes as the fueling map will be out with vxr on a off the shelf map. I agree with Don that depending on what you are looking for there is no need to upgrade the injectors if all your looking for is a off the shelf generic map that isnt custom tailored to your uprated hardware so either stick with blues or some maps offer fueling maps for volvo greens which are what are used in R models. With these generic maps you will see power increase upto 320 bhp as they are conservatively mapped, as they have to tailor for a lot of different hardware that could be potentially be on your car so allowances have to be made in the adaptions to make a generic map best fit your individual car.

Where a custom map which is what dreamer offers differs is he live logs your car and produces a map that will get the most out of your individual mods on your car which is why he doesn't quote exact power figures for his maps as it depends on what you have done to the car, for instance mine has a flowed head which means he adjusted the max boost pressure down to 1.2 bar rather than 1.4 bar as my head flows the same amount of air at 1.2 bar as a standard head does at 1.4bar which is around 495-500cfm which is close to the max safe running airflow of the K24. I also have vxr injectors so we needed a number of logging runs to perfect the fuel trims on my car again to get the best performance out of them without over fueling, combined with a bigger front mount inter cooler and 3" downpipe my car now pushes around the 365-370 bhp in order to keep the air fuel ratio right with 500cfm of air you will be maxing out greens/vxr injectors to 85% injector duty cycle which is the most you really want to be pushing injectors as you need 15% IDC headroom so you do not running lean at any point. VXR are only slightly better in terms of cc of fuel than greens but they have a better spray distribution pattern but in terms of maximizing the performance of the k24 turbo it is your decision if you go for greens/vxr injectors but in order to keep fuel ratios correct and move 500cfm of air you will need bigger injectors.

In terms of what has gone on between people on T5D5 and dreamer I stay out of it as every mapper gets bad words said against them at some point you only have to google the latest recommended Volvo mappers such as shark and see their history on other marques so until dtp decides to share exactly what has happened with everyone instead of a select few on T5D5 being in the know then i hold my judgement on his and Dreamers dealings and refer to how good his customer service has been with me. As it stands I cant fault Dreamers service or the map he produced for my car he has even taken on my comments about there seeming to be a flat spot between 80-100 mph and looked into the map and made adjustments to improve on his work. He has also readjusted the map when i have had new things added as my project car has developed.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Thursday 23rd April 2015),expolicev70t5 (Thursday 23rd April 2015),Nealevo (Wednesday 22nd April 2015),Soulboy (Wednesday 22nd April 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    The locked project thread is either to goad me or a petty attempt at using disinformation. I can't believe for a second that anyone would believe it.

First of all I get crap for having terms and conditions, look at ipds site for gods sake, they say basically the same thing and they resell MTE!

The other stuff about companies house and a fundamental understanding of the term 'c/o' in an address, no-one can be that naive, also companies house is for limited liability companies mostly, not sole traders, most would know I assume, so that part is wrong too, it's a weird stance, I think to try and proliferate crap, potentially to the unaware, or as they unfortunately may see it, the uneducated.

Back on topic, the Vxrs are quite a bit bigger than blues so I wouldnt run them without a map for them. Big Injectors are a difficult thing to get right on ME7, especially when there are no data sheets available.

As for Dave, I pulled my support after he ignored my advice multiple times, ran a huge turbo on old plugs, the list went on, this is all public knowledge anyway.

How can I support a car like that, especially when it began to be used as a soap box, Tim said it was healthy so I offered him a refund and my help in getting him to another mapper of his choice with a stock map, I didn't need the crap and had an unwell Mrs at the time, severely unwell...

I have never heard from him since and he blocked my mobile number on his iPhone... I tried to call him several times to chat like an adult. So as you can see, it was untenable.

(I keep every communication as a rule so I can back all of this up if it ever came into question.)

As for the turbo it's fine on my car, so far, but being the first it was also a huge gamble, it's not like a 4k revo upgrade ready to rock is it, it was a gamble/potential investment for me. I can always bolt up the k24 again I thought.

Lastly, I at first, said no to Dave and his mapping request, stating that mine was first and it may take months, he then convinced me then moved up timetables by booking hotels etc, it wasn't a nice experience at all but I tried my best to accommodate.

Lastly, lastly, I didn't recommend any exhaust or even the turbo to him, the only thing I got him to buy was the injectors since he gave me four weeks and the old what do I buy question, huge injectors take me more than fours weeks to calibrate correctly, since I had ran the dekas in my car for 6 months or so and had correctly calibrated them for idle and part load etc, I suggested them.

Finally, I'd just like to make a point of saying that I don't hold any grudges, just regret. I have in the past, whilst an avid member of T5D5 acted inappropriately, and for that I apologise unreservedly to everyone that was affected. This is mainly a bone of contention between Don Norchi and myself, well him not me anymore. I would just like to get on with everyone. Unfortunately I've lost a few friends in the process and will miss out on my favourite weekend of the year... Brizzle with yosser, Chris, roo, Peacey etc. My penance I guess.

Everyone lives and learns ....

Let's hope the tech I developed doesn't go to waste entirely due to all of the above.

Have a good evening all.

John.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Thursday 23rd April 2015),expolicev70t5 (Thursday 23rd April 2015),jamesy12345 (Thursday 23rd April 2015),shepbomb (Thursday 23rd April 2015),sizzlechest (Friday 24th April 2015),smithy (Thursday 23rd April 2015),T5RatherAmusin (Thursday 23rd April 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    The locked project thread is either to goad me or a petty attempt at using disinformation. I can't believe for a second that anyone would believe it.

First of all I get crap for having terms and conditions, look at ipds site for gods sake, they say basically the same thing and they resell MTE!

The other stuff about companies house and a fundamental understanding of the term 'c/o' in an address, no-one can be that naive, also companies house is for limited liability companies mostly, not sole traders, most would know I assume, so that part is wrong too, it's a weird stance, I think to try and proliferate crap, potentially to the unaware, or as they unfortunately may see it, the uneducated.

Back on topic, the Vxrs are quite a bit bigger than blues so I wouldnt run them without a map for them. Big Injectors are a difficult thing to get right on ME7, especially when there are no data sheets available.

As for Dave, I pulled my support after he ignored my advice multiple times, ran a huge turbo on old plugs, the list went on, this is all public knowledge anyway.

How can I support a car like that, especially when it began to be used as a soap box, Tim said it was healthy so I offered him a refund and my help in getting him to another mapper of his choice with a stock map, I didn't need the crap and had an unwell Mrs at the time, severely unwell...

I have never heard from him since and he blocked my mobile number on his iPhone... I tried to call him several times to chat like an adult. So as you can see, it was untenable.

(I keep every communication as a rule so I can back all of this up if it ever came into question.)

As for the turbo it's fine on my car, so far, but being the first it was also a huge gamble, it's not like a 4k revo upgrade ready to rock is it, it was a gamble/potential investment for me. I can always bolt up the k24 again I thought.

Lastly, I at first, said no to Dave and his mapping request, stating that mine was first and it may take months, he then convinced me then moved up timetables by booking hotels etc, it wasn't a nice experience at all but I tried my best to accommodate.

Lastly, lastly, I didn't recommend any exhaust or even the turbo to him, the only thing I got him to buy was the injectors since he gave me four weeks and the old what do I buy question, huge injectors take me more than fours weeks to calibrate correctly, since I had ran the dekas in my car for 6 months or so and had correctly calibrated them for idle and part load etc, I suggested them.

Finally, I'd just like to make a point of saying that I don't hold any grudges, just regret. I have in the past, whilst an avid member of T5D5 acted inappropriately, and for that I apologise unreservedly to everyone that was affected. This is mainly a bone of contention between Don Norchi and myself, well him not me anymore. I would just like to get on with everyone. Unfortunately I've lost a few friends in the process and will miss out on my favourite weekend of the year... Brizzle with yosser, Chris, roo, Peacey etc. My penance I guess.

Everyone lives and learns ....

Let's hope the tech I developed doesn't go to waste entirely due to all of the above.

Have a good evening all.

John.

Thanks fir all who supported me :O

Thread Information