Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    90% through fitting mine along with changing the Pcv, the amount off little pots with bolts and fixings got to a me a it worried at one point!
    I went with the do88 instructions with the addition of taking off the front bumper
    I fitted it in the stock location so I didn't have too cut any off the slam panel
    Defiantly need two pairs of hands at the point of removal and fitting but it's manageable on your own with a lot of swearing (ask my neighbour )
    Thanks again for setting up the gb and those that carted it up north for me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lewjt For This Useful Post:

stribo (Friday 24th April 2015)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lewjt View Post
    90% through fitting mine along with changing the Pcv, the amount off little pots with bolts and fixings got to a me a it worried at one point!
    I went with the do88 instructions with the addition of taking off the front bumper
    I fitted it in the stock location so I didn't have too cut any off the slam panel
    Defiantly need two pairs of hands at the point of removal and fitting but it's manageable on your own with a lot of swearing (ask my neighbour )
    Thanks again for setting up the gb and those that carted it up north for me
    What? no how to?

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    No need for 2 hands at all.
    What might help is unboltin the rack pack bolts that go up into the wing. Then u can push the rad further back so it's real easy to lift out the of from the middle...

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5RatherAmusin View Post
    No need for 2 hands at all.
    What might help is unboltin the rack pack bolts that go up into the wing. Then u can push the rad further back so it's real easy to lift out the of from the middle...
    Too true! I did mine by myself. Just take your time....No rush!!!

Made easier by using a jack and a block of wood to support the rad pack when removing and fitting.
    Less risk of damage too if you remove the bumper and bumper bar. Makes it much easier to line everything up. Although I only had about 2mm each side for maneuver with the TW IC.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Did people clean these out before installation?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    No, why??
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Just incase of debris during manufacturing

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I don't think it's necessary as I know each unit is pressure tested before packaging. I'm sure they would blow debris out the units before hand.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I don't think it's necessary as I know each unit is pressure tested before packaging. I'm sure they would blow debris out the units before hand.
    Well I'm glad I cleaned mine as we had swarf in mine and we cleaned it through and found more, about half a tea spoon full, enough not to want it going in the engine.
    Last edited by Ettienne; Monday 18th May 2015 at 16:21.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

960kg (Tuesday 19th May 2015)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I suppose that's the perils of buying cheap!

Mine was clean.

Besides, I doubt any award would find its way into the engine after negotiating all the tiny air galleries in the cooler.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Just come home from school run and throttle is not shutting down properly, it's had a new Volvo fitted tb.

Took off at 3,000 rpm like a scalded cat and idled about 2,500 not nice in an auto, very nearly couldn't stop it.

I'll have to take intercooler to throttle pipe off and have a look me thinks, I can always drive the gul until it's sorted a pain in the bum.

I wouldn't have thought it would be sticking / dirty so soon after a new volvo one.
    Last edited by Ettienne; Friday 26th June 2015 at 09:46.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    A cable tie had somehow worked it's way into the tb, must have been when intercooler was off.

I wondered why the cruise was floating about the other day, tb must not have been closing properly.

Cheap fix but potentially could have been costly

Thread Information