Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll check but it could have been one with a cheap obx system and therefore would be catless. It smokes his own RS4 though

I'll have to ask Mark to clarify when I have a chance as he knows the car.

In my own experience with a 200 cell it's possible though. 1050 ish kg/hr maf value with low retard values equates to around 360 bhp as seen on a members car recently.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Mine ran a 342bhp on stock intercooler and stock downpipe with ported head 3" cat back and vxr injectors, I have the dyno printout if you want to see it, haven't had my car dyno'd since fitting the Kl racing intercooler and the GWE downpipe (with a v-banded cat/decat drop in section) but MAF values would suggest 375 bhp calculating in efficiency losses it should be around 360-365bhp. I know MAF values aren't an exact science as you do get losses through efficiency but my 342bhp dyno ran MAF values suggested 355 bhp so it wasn't far off. I'm at the very top end of my turbo now though so cant squeeze much more out of it.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    Mine ran a 342bhp on stock intercooler and stock downpipe with ported head 3" cat back and vxr injectors, I have the dyno printout if you want to see it, haven't had my car dyno'd since fitting the Kl racing intercooler and the GWE downpipe (with a v-banded cat/decat drop in section) but MAF values would suggest 375 bhp calculating in efficiency losses it should be around 360-365bhp. I know MAF values aren't an exact science as you do get losses through efficiency but my 342bhp dyno ran MAF values suggested 355 bhp so it wasn't far off. I'm at the very top end of my turbo now though so cant squeeze much more out of it.
    What dyno was the 342bhp on? That sounds very optimistic considering you were on a stock D/P.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    True. Word to the wise get the stock airbox back on

I've got a 360bhp map for your specs. Stock cbv and stock airbox though.
    Seriously 😳 I spent a small fortune on that elevate stuff. This gets better and better.

What is the issue with the elevate box as I have had none as of yet.

We're are you based?

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    What dyno was the 342bhp on? That sounds very optimistic considering you were on a stock D/P.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachme...1&d=1412460042

MAF values at the time suggested around 355bhp

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigtange View Post
    Seriously �� I spent a small fortune on that elevate stuff. This gets better and better.

We're are you based?
    From what i've read there's nothing seriously wrong with it, its just there's no benefit over the standard air box up to 500bhp so apart from looks it doesn't add anything. Unless someone else has anything to add this reason alone is why I didn't bother getting one when 1 came up for sale.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachme...1&d=1412460042

MAF values at the time suggested around 355bhp
    What were your mods at Power Engineering?
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    At power engineering I had the same setup (3" catback, ported head, s60r manifold, methanol injection, shimmed block) but no remap and made 273bhp, I added some VXR injectors and a map and it then made 342bhp at HLM on the day there were a number of stock cars making stock or just under stock power so I have no reason to believe the run wasn't close to being accurate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Wednesday 8th April 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seriously  I spent a small fortune on that elevate stuff. This gets better and better.

We're are you based?

I've got a few of American friends who have ran it and they crack and are a "pain in the ass", also there is the silly 90 degree air filter.

Basically the reviews I've heard is 'junk', but if it makes you smile then I can't see a massive issue. There is a fuelling correction map that is modelled on the
    flow of the stock ram air intake, changing the intake makes this wrong. Since the car's wideband I guess there isn't a huge issue with it. If it was me I'd flatten the airbox correction map and re-do the fuelling though.

I'm an hour south of Edinburgh, East Coast.

This user has no status

Thanks
    If I remember right your VXR injectors are at 85% duty cycle as well.

(I had my greens over 90% duty before swapping to the DEKA's on the K24 last April.)

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    If I remember right your VXR injectors are at 85% duty cycle as well.

(I had my greens over 90% duty before swapping to the DEKA's on the K24 last April.)
    that's correct ill be at shems tomorrow so if its possible can you forward him the new map revision also

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I'll need a map for mine soon.

Nothing mental maybe rear lambda delete, unlimited box, and stage 2

Klintercooler (when fitted), shimed, gwe dp, bsr cat back

This user has no status

Thanks
    Lol, no notice! I'll try my best, in a hotel in Glasgow ATM

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Ah sorry dont worry if you cant get it i only found out today id definatley got the day off

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've sent Shemtek a map update, tethered via 3G £££££££ lol

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Wednesday 8th April 2015)

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    I've got a few of American friends who have ran it and they crack and are a "pain in the ass", also there is the silly 90 degree air filter.

Basically the reviews I've heard is 'junk', but if it makes you smile then I can't see a massive issue. There is a fuelling correction map that is modelled on the
    flow of the stock ram air intake, changing the intake makes this wrong. Since the car's wideband I guess there isn't a huge issue with it. If it was me I'd flatten the airbox correction map and re-do the fuelling though.

I'm an hour south of Edinburgh, East Coast.
    I mean it does sound nice but something that doesn't really benifit my car and cost a small fortune makes me cry, I do have the bonnet vent I assume this would help with cold air in-take as the box is sealed to the bonnet.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm not sure of the sound mate but the stock airbox is pretty good at its job. As for the cold air intake you forego the ram air intake for the bonnet vent so I doubt it helps.

You would need a flow bench to test/see.

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    The ELEVATE Air Management System air box consists of a precision-formed high temperature plastic housing that seals to the underside of the hood, eliminating air filter exposure to hot, under hood air. It features a unique, integrated air chamber to smooth air delivery into the intake tract and uses a custom designed ELEVATE Air Filter. The ELEVATE Air Filter element is a long lasting, washable and reusable design with a non-oil design to eliminate the risk of MAF Sensor contamination and failure as will occur with any oiled filter element. The system is designed to support over 580hp and is capable of flowing over 930 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of air, over three times the air volume required for the 2.5L engine.

i mean this is what there selling lingo is. ah well some more money down the drain.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    The ELEVATE Air Management System air box consists of a precision-formed high temperature plastic housing that seals to the underside of the hood, eliminating air filter exposure to hot, under hood air. It features a unique, integrated air chamber to smooth air delivery into the intake tract and uses a custom designed ELEVATE Air Filter. The ELEVATE Air Filter element is a long lasting, washable and reusable design with a non-oil design to eliminate the risk of MAF Sensor contamination and failure as will occur with any oiled filter element. The system is designed to support over 580hp and is capable of flowing over 930 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of air, over three times the air volume required for the 2.5L engine.

i mean this is what there selling lingo is. ah well some more money down the drain.
    930 CFM would be about 3 times the flow rate of a 2.5 engine with a volumetric efficiency of 1, which turbos are not…..

The calc is:

VE * cc * RPM / 56634

= 312 CFM for a 2521 cc engine with VE of 1, at 7000 rpm
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Thursday 9th April 2015 at 15:05.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Craigtange (Thursday 9th April 2015)

Thread Information