Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

2001 V70 T5 Auto, ex traffic division, 228,000!

Hi all,

As mentioned in my introduction thread, bought this car a week or so ago and absolutely love it.
    It drives amazingly and fires on the button everytime, and is so comfortable and effortless.
    It's had a 19t/green injectors/enclosed induction kit/boost guage fitted and this is where my first question lies,

It only boosts at about 10psi(which I assume is standard), now is it likely that someone would have done those mods and not bothered with a remap? I know I wouldn't have, but each to their own I guess.

OR, is it likely there is a boost leak or weak actuator?

What would be the easiest way to check these things?

I mean the car is quick, but a 250bhp car is gonna be, it's the extra that it promises that seems to be missing.

For the record, it also imo lacks throttle response, boost guage hardly shows a thing until you really give it some throttle, light throttle would have you doing 20mph everywhere.

TIA

Appreciative
    Thanks
    Could well be that the car was remapped and someone sold the remapped ECU separately to make a couple of hundred quid... I can't imagine the white injectors (if that is what would have been std) would be upgraded to green without a map to suit?

I certainly wouldn't expect to see an aftermarket boost gauge without it having had a remapped ECU, or other boost upping method.

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Could well be that the car was remapped and someone sold the remapped ECU separately to make a couple of hundred quid... I can't imagine the white injectors (if that is what would have been std) would be upgraded to green without a map to suit?

I certainly wouldn't expect to see an aftermarket boost gauge without it having had a remapped ECU, or other boost upping method.
    Not as easy as that on a P2. Can't just plug another ECU in. I'd give it a good stage 0 and get a proper code read using a DICE to see what that brings up.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    As above, it should have had blues as standard, and a 16t. Have you got any paperwork to prove it's got a 19t?, or have you checked the turbo out yourself? Either way greens could give you over fuelling problems if it hasn't been remapped, but if someone's gone to the trouble of changing the injectors, and turbo, it would be pointless not to have had a remap, unless they really didn't know what they were doing.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Easy enough to check out the fuel trims and requested boost with vida. Both of those would give you the answer.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thx for the replies, I don't have paperwork for the mods, but I can obviously see the injectors and the quite expensive carbon induction kit, so would imagine I wasn't being lied to about the blower, but I did get it from a dealer who was also told it was running 330+ bhp which it surely isn't at 10psi!

So this Vida that I need to check it with, I assume it's a diagnostic, are they expensive? Or does a kind someone in Herts area have one they would plug in for me? Cheers

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulboy View Post
    Thx for the replies, I don't have paperwork for the mods, but I can obviously see the injectors and the quite expensive carbon induction kit, so would imagine I wasn't being lied to about the blower, but I did get it from a dealer who was also told it was running 330+ bhp which it surely isn't at 10psi!

So this Vida that I need to check it with, I assume it's a diagnostic, are they expensive? Or does a kind someone in Herts area have one they would plug in for me? Cheers
    Paperwork doesn't mean much..I had a tuner certificate for my S reg V70R to say it had 330 hp with a Rica map & no other mods. Which was out by about 50 hp at least! As above I would just crack on with a stage 0. You might get a better look at the turbo from below.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Easy enough to check out the fuel trims and requested boost with vida. Both of those would give you the answer.

I haven't got my head totally round Vida/Dice yet. Does it do those kind of checks in the Diagnostics Tab?

Brian

Thread Information