Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

eibach lowering springs

Hi im brought some eibach lowering springs for my 2003 v70 d5 come to fit the rear springs got the old one out then compare it to the eibach spring to make it look right but the eibach spring is longer the the standard one it took off. This carnt be wright?
    Been in touch with the place I brought them off the check all the parts number and there the ones for my car

Don't know what to do any info would be a big help thanks!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    The Eibach springs are 'progressively wound', meaning, as the spring compresses it will become tighter, unlike a stock spring that does not. On a stock spring the bulk of the coil are the same distance apart, on the Eibachs they are larger in the middle then the coil gets tighter at the ends.
    It has to be like that to maintain a certain amount of OE feel, but when the spring is pushed hard, it's resistance to compress increases, so the car won't roll as much as a stock spring.

Also remember that your stock spring will have suffered with 'spring sag' over time. This will give the effect of making the spring look shorter than a new spring.

If the part number is correct, then all you can really do is put them on and sit the car on the floor and see how it sits.
    If it's way too high, then they may have put the wrong spring in the box for you your application.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that I see how It looks when all four are fitted. I read people been cutting the eibach springs is this to get it lower or to make them fit?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich v70 View Post
    Thanks for that I see how It looks when all four are fitted. I read people been cutting the eibach springs is this to get it lower or to make them fit?
    If a vehicle manufacturer cut it's springs on a stock car to make it lower and then badged it 'sports model'...would you buy it? I rest my case.

I strongly advise that you do not cut the springs. Not only will you void any warranty but you'll have 4 springs of unequal length and you'll damage the powder coating on the spring. This will mean they will start to rust on the first damp day after fitting to the car.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Strikes me you might just have self levelling suspension..... in which case you cannot fit uprated springs as they will bugger up the correct action of the Nivomat dampers....

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    Wouldn't cut them point less spending money on lowering springs to cut up! Just ask don't say much why they are cutting them.

I have standard suspension no self leveling. I have ago the weekend it suppose to take a couple of weeks for the lowering spring to settle?

Thread Information