Join Today

Threaded View

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts

Fitting XC90 Calipers & 336mm Discs to S60 / V70

When I first bought my S60 it was wearing a set of standard 286mm discs which looked a bit worse for wear, first job was to replace these with 305mm discs using the original callipers but new carriers. The 305mm set up was fine BUT after a few years I wanted more…

I had read a few threads about fitting the callipers from an XC90 and running 336mm discs – this was the way forward.

First job was to get on eBay and order a set of callipers, found a decent looking set from a 2004 XC90 T6 for £100 delivered from Hills Salvage. These were delivered the next day:

The XC90 caliper are almost a direct fit to the S60 hub, the only modification is the XC90 Carriers use M14 bolts as opposed to the M12 on the standard S60. This meant that the Steering Limiter Arms would need drilling out to accommodate the new M14 bolts along with the Hub.

The S60 Hub is made from aluminium and would drill without issue, the Steering Limiter Arms are cast and much tougher to drill, I decided to buy a second set of limiter arms and have them drilled out by a local engineering firm in preparation:

The M12 bolts from the original set up would be of no use, I needed to order some replacement M14 bolts but didn’t know the required length…..so I ordered a variety of M14 8.8 Zinc Plated bolts in 50mm 55mm 60mm lengths – I like to be prepared lol:

Decided to have the calipers professionally painted and whilst they were away for a few days, I ordered a caliper seal kit from Bigg Red:

Next on the shopping list was the 336mm discs and pads from Lloyds Volvo in Carlisle….discounted from £280 to £169.00 with next day delivery:

Just had to wait now for my calipers from the bodyshop…..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

BUCHO (Tuesday 29th June 2021),LeeT5 (Tuesday 25th July 2017),rjocosta (Tuesday 25th July 2017)

Thread Information