Join Today
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Question V70R/S60R 3" Ferrita downpipe.....EML issues?

I want to know if anyone that has a Ferrita 3" downpipe with the 100 cell CAT fitted to their P2R and if so, do they have any running issues or constant 'EML' issues?

Am considering buying one from Don because I know the CAT that is used is one of the best you can buy.

Thanks in advance for any worthy replies.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I had the 200 cell version and ran fine on the car for 30k miles going through mot ok.

(Not that it's 100 cell) I now have a gwe 200 cell downpipe and yet yo fit but I know some people have had issues with eml lights on these (not that I moaning, happy to fit it) and usually just requires a fooler on rear lambda
    Last edited by Ettienne; Friday 13th March 2015 at 21:58.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i have a Miltek with 100cel cat on P1 ME7 car and it only just gets thro MOT but that was before it was mapped for all the mods, its fine now and have never had an issue with lights on dash apart from faulty lambda.
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Ashok has been using one for years without issue AFAIK, as has DTP and many others. I have one of Graeme Welche's DP's on my S60, also without issue however I think the cat may have ££££ itself (as its a cheap one), so will probably be replacing it with one's of Dons.

I had a Feritta from Don on my S70, and now have one on the 850. The quality of the Feritta is second to none for sure.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Saturday 14th March 2015)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    I have a 200 cell cat with a GWE down pipe, the EML comes on occasionally, but once cleared it'll stay off for months, a spacer for the second lambda would solve this, but I'll get the second lambda delete when I get a Dream3r map.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Saturday 14th March 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cats do age and get abused lol, me I'm going for a decat with a VBAND setup next.

The EML can be deleted without a fooler spacer, I can do a deal for a cat delete if anyone want's one done proper (and doesn't want a remap for whatever reason).

One of the problems with the spacer is that it will mess with the O2 diagnostics.

Also, the cat diagnostics differ with software version, this may be the reason why some do and don't with a 100 CEL.

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    I have GWE 3" down pipe with 100 cell cat to start with had no problems then after about 4 months got eml light. I have now fitted spacer on rear lamda sensor and have had no problems since
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's weird that everyone has had the lambda light come on with GWE downpipe's, I haven't had this once! I've had it fitted for a couple of years+

I don't believe there have ever been lambda light issues with the Ferrita's.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status

Thanks
    They cat diagnostics differ on different software's, also Shark may have disabled yours mate.

My old S60 has a constant lambda light with a feritta but the current owner isn't bothered. (I think it's the software)

I guess the cat used will also matter, the better the longer it should last in theory.
    Last edited by Dream3r; Saturday 14th March 2015 at 10:29.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    It's weird that everyone has had the lambda light come on with GWE downpipe's, I haven't had this once! I've had it fitted for a couple of years+

I don't believe there have ever been lambda light issues with the Ferrita's.
    That's because they use the best catalysts money can buy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Saturday 14th March 2015)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Cats do age and get abused lol, me I'm going for a decat with a VBAND setup next.

The EML can be deleted without a fooler spacer, I can do a deal for a cat delete if anyone want's one done proper (and doesn't want a remap for whatever reason).

One of the problems with the spacer is that it will mess with the O2 diagnostics.

Also, the cat diagnostics differ with software version, this may be the reason why some do and don't with a 100 CEL.
    AFAIK if you are fitting the 3" Ferrita DP to a V70R/S60R then you don't need the O2 sensor spacer. These are only required on Ford Focus ST/RS models because they use ME9 which is more sensitive than Volvo ME7. So deleting the rear sensor is not neccessary and will only cause complications on an MOT.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Sunday 15th March 2015 at 11:13.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you read what I put, it's different on the software versions, when I say delete it is just disabling the cat effectiveness diagnosis, this doesn't show up on the MOT assuming the cat is working within UK parameters. Using spacers affects the sensors diagnosis...

The ST's could be sorted properly if someone bothered, if that is the case. Some of the older ME7 Volvo's don't like 100 CEL cats because their software was programmed with tighter tolerances for cat diagnosis.

Hope this makes sense.

ME9 isn't more sensitive in a general sense, just however it was calibrated, like some Volvo's.....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ashok has been using one for years without issue AFAIK, as has DTP and many others. I have one of Graeme Welche's DP's on my S60, also without issue however I think the cat may have ££££ itself (as its a cheap one), so will probably be replacing it with one's of Dons.

I had a Feritta from Don on my S70, and now have one on the 850. The quality of the Feritta is second to none for sure.
    What's the symptoms matey? Mine has shat itself too but it was a magnaflow one.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What's the symptoms matey? Mine has shat itself too but it was a magnaflow one.
    I'm pretty certain the cat has broken up, and is rattling it's tits off. The car isn't affected, just have an annoying rattle from it!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm pretty certain the cat has broken up, and is rattling it's tits off. The car isn't affected, just have an annoying rattle from it!
    Not good, you don't want it to end up blocking the zorst randomly. I have a my original DP in the shed if you need to borrow it until you get sorted.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks mate. I should be good though, the car is at tims now to have a few bits done, I just said do what ever is required to fix the rattle, whether it can be fixed, replaced with a feritta, or it happens not to be the cat rattling!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Sunday 15th March 2015)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    If you read what I put, it's different on the software versions, when I say delete it is just disabling the cat effectiveness diagnosis, this doesn't show up on the MOT assuming the cat is working within UK parameters. Using spacers affects the sensors diagnosis...

The ST's could be sorted properly if someone bothered, if that is the case. Some of the older ME7 Volvo's don't like 100 CEL cats because their software was programmed with tighter tolerances for cat diagnosis.

Hope this makes sense.

ME9 isn't more sensitive in a general sense, just however it was calibrated, like some Volvo's.....
    Thats the point of the spacer!
    When you say older ME7's, that's not strictly true. It depends if the owner has regularly been to the dealer for service and free software updates. If all ME7 owners serviced their cars at the dealers yearly then they would ALL be up to the latest software updates and then they would all perform the same (providing there's no mechanical defects or faults).

Therefore ALL V70R/S60R models would run fine on the ferrita 3" DP, surely? Providing they have been mapped for a free flow exhaust.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Thats the point of the spacer!
    When you say older ME7's, that's not strictly true. It depends if the owner has regularly been to the dealer for service and free software updates. If all ME7 owners serviced their cars at the dealers yearly then they would ALL be up to the latest software updates and then they would all perform the same (providing there's no mechanical defects or faults).

Therefore ALL V70R/S60R models would run fine on the ferrita 3" DP, surely? Providing they have been mapped for a free flow exhaust.

No idea I am just talking in general ME7 terms. Using a spacer is wrong, just wrong on a wideband car. My opinion of course.

Thread Information