Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Thanks for all the Help, but new car now bought

Thought i would just thank everyone for all there help over the last 12 months of owning the S60R, unfortunately with the split liner i have now parked the car up and will get rid of her very soon. I have really enjoyed my time with the volvo, but being 10 years old albeit with only 75'000 on the clock, i don't think she can take the punishment and the heavy miles, and now I have a 2011 C250 Mercedes diesel, a bit boring but probably a more sensible choice in the long run. I need to pay off a little bit of finance on the Car and then it will be up for sale for i guess in and around £1500 mark sold with the issues as seen, which again is a shame when i have just put 12 months MOT on it and had angle gear done and driveshaft. Oh Well

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Split liner isn't that much of a big deal any more.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Thought i would just thank everyone for all there help over the last 12 months of owning the S60R, unfortunately with the split liner i have now parked the car up and will get rid of her very soon. I have really enjoyed my time with the volvo, but being 10 years old albeit with only 75'000 on the clock, i don't think she can take the punishment and the heavy miles, and now I have a 2011 C250 Mercedes diesel, a bit boring but probably a more sensible choice in the long run. I need to pay off a little bit of finance on the Car and then it will be up for sale for i guess in and around £1500 mark sold with the issues as seen, which again is a shame when i have just put 12 months MOT on it and had angle gear done and driveshaft. Oh Well
    Shame it's come to that, first dibs on it though.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Terry it's worth more than that even needing a repair (which, as above, is not a massive cost)

You've got some nice parts on there, sat nav & phone plus the work you've done like angle gear?

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...ht=#post700751

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 10th March 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    1500? Someone will get a bargain!
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seriously do not sell it for that little, it is worth way more than that and it is an easy fix for someone especially on this forum.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxTS For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I agree with the above.

With a little spruce up and a clean (I've seen the car personally) it's worth MINIMUM £3000 all day long!!

Low mileage and FVSH, recent new driveshaft and Angle gear replaced too.

Your a mug if you let it go for £1500 mate....even with a split liner that can be fixed for £500. You shoulda got the car fixed by Tim then it would have been good for another 100k. Not sure how the conversation went with Tim but the last thing I thought you'd do is sell the car?

Who ever buys that R is going to be laughing all the way home at your expense....and I mean that nicely Terry.

Also, what makes you think that the Merc will cope with the high miles better? The only thing in its favour is no AWD woes and better MPG, but seriously, they're not as bad as ppl make out. For one, the Merc, being RWD will be crap in the snow/ice. Granted, we don't get much I agree, but even so, AWD gives you better confidence in the wet as well. Also, being Diesel, your gonna have EGR issues, common rail sensor issues, Diesel pump and god forbid the Injectors fail etc and None of these are cheap to fix, especially when Mercedes Dealers rates are more than Volvo. The C250 is the same engine thats fitted in the Sprinters IIRC.

Anyway, GLWTS and I seriously wish you the best of luck mate
    Last edited by LeeT5; Tuesday 10th March 2015 at 14:14. Reason: typo
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Tuesday 10th March 2015)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Mine cost £700 but I did full pcv and belts at same time.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Mine cost £700 but I did full pcv and belts at same time.
    Well that's very cheap then! The PCV system alone (if done properly) no change out of £300.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Terry....why not get the R fixed and keep her as a weekend car?? Seriously!!!!

You could maintain her meticulously and you won't pile on the miles. Then you'll have a proper car to drive at the weekend and use to come to 'meets'

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    I paid 4k for a 2007 6-speed auto with a split liner, so a 3k for 2005 manual sounds about right

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Wednesday 11th March 2015)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    I paid 4k for a 2007 6-speed auto with a split liner, so a 3k for 2005 manual sounds about right
    I paid £2500 for the sonic v70r, people just throw them away when they split a liner

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think in all honesty the conversation with Tim, didn't go so well Lee and kinda lead me to believe the spilt liner repair may not be such a robust repair especially when the conversation started to go down the lines of replacing the engine and putting in a second hand 2.4 engine or a replacement 2.5, so getting the Merc / or a diesel does makes sense it's pretty new with only 22k on clock and I will only have it for 3 years, but when I picked S60R from the garage I felt what an utter shame as I really do like this car, and actually with the split liner done, and I have an old quote for £600.00 for body repairs and respray to the bumper ect., with this work done the car will almost look showroom, in all honesty I am not going to get to repay the finance for at least 6M, I have VAT and Corporation Taxes to pay in 2 months, so I may just keep her, so maybe your not getting rid me that easily after all. LOL

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Id definately keep it! I shimmed mine and it's been perfect since (I did shim it pretty well, must have) I know another person who shimmed his (Shem told me) has had it done for 50k miles, takes it to the Nurburgring every year running 350 bhp and been ok.

I going to see how mine goes, if it splits again I'll replace the engine but in the mean time I'm treating it to a few goodies, I've had more than £500 of use out of it already.

Thread Information