Join Today

Threaded View

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts

Project Polly - 850 AWD

So I thought it was time I posted something up about this. The car has been sat on the driveway for 3 years now (and still starts first time on the old fuel).

It had a headgasket problem so I ripped it apart and fitte a new HG but alas a week later it went again. So instead of messing about I purchased another engine off ebay and set about stripping it to renew the gaskets and seals to save doing it in the future.

The engine as it was when I retrieved it from Leicester. Unfortunately I got within 50 yards of home and the trailer hit a bump and bounced the engine, which cracked the sump. So I'm going to have to either get another sump or take the one off the engine in the car.

PCV was a bit blocked.....

Hardly any buildup in the inlet ports

So the whole thing was stripped down and then my daughter arrived so the engine build was put aside.

Then in August last year I decided to get on with it.

Had the block sections cleaned and I sprayed them with black engine enamel (no real reason for this, just fancied doing it)
    Please excuse the crappy pictures, seems my phone lens needed cleaning (also spot the A series cylinder head...).

Crank going in...

Bought these rods a while ago, thought it only fair to use them..

A bag of goodies turned up from FRF Swansea (thanks Rufe ) some shiny new rod bearings

New intermediate section bolts too. Pistons in and everything tightened up.

That's it for now, more to come
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Saturday 27th October 2018 at 16:06. Reason: update photo location
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

claymore (Saturday 28th February 2015),Jamest5r (Saturday 28th February 2015),Nealevo (Monday 27th April 2015)

Thread Information