Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Volvo number 3 for my household

My Bora TDI after 188k miles has finally let me down with the dreaded camshaft wear. Looking at £1000 to fix with genuine parts so thought to myself if it was worth it. Spat the dummy at bit and looked on Autotrader and found a V50 2.0D sport SE within an hours drive or so. No pictures on the advert just a description (immediately off putting). Checked website for dealer and no pics either. Went back through browser and then happened to go forward a minute or so later. Suddenly pictures. Oh I thought, NICE!! Phoned up, only had it three days and had literally put the pictures online as I was looking at it. Spooky or fate I thought.

Jumped in car. Went to look.

Car fully loaded. Full leather, heated seats, in built phone (not bluetooth, sim card job), cruise control, metallic black, 3 owners, 05 reg, body work very good for age apart from some light rust bubbling on wheel arch (to be fixed with for listed price anyway). All panels straight. Nothing to give me any concerns. Full Volvo service history till 75-80k and then random garages. Cambelt done at 111k. Currently sitting at 144k. Comes with 12 months MOT.

Would have preferred perhaps a slightly newer one but that would have been twice the price.

Oh and after going over the car in fine detail, driving it, (very nippy compared to my V70 2.0D), about to make the deal and I noticed the sunroof!!

Should be ready next week (body work, MOT and a dodgy door lock sorted).

Pretty happy really. Been looking at them for ages. My only hope is it doesn't have a DPF. Need to get VIN number to find out.

Pics

T.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Timo. For This Useful Post:

Santa (Thursday 26th February 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    VIN number confirms Euro 3 engine so no DPF. Result!!
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Nice, but only 3 Volvos, you need more.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Yes def more Volvos than 3

Thread Information