I guess I ought to say hello as I have been around the forum for a couple of months and made a few posts but haven't really introduced myself. I previously owned an S70 LPT CD which was a great realiable car but was always lacking something....

So some of you may know the Saffron S70R that was up for sale a few weeks ago and been around the forums for a few years. Me and my brother (BunkaT5) went up in his 850 to pick this up on Friday, as soon as I saw it I was instantly in love and any doubts about the colour shot right out the window.

The car has had a few subtle things done but nothing major-

Anthracite painted wheels
Crystal type headlights (after market ones by the looks but they look a lot fresher than the original type)
Strut brace which could be standard for the R but I'm not too sure
Gutted car and a home made exhaust which sounds surprisingly good and it uber quiet until the car is on boost
Cone filter for some chatter
Forge actuator
Rica 310 map with receipt
Blue injectors
Walbro fuel pump
DIY RIP kit
Braided brake lines
Coilovers
and a few other bits and bobs

Overall the car drives and pulls fantastically and I'm really happy with it. It is quite a head turner whether they think some granddad has fake tanned his Volvo when I drive past I don't know but who cares. But some people give a smile when they see the R badge and know what it is.

There are a few little bits need doing which I would like to sort-

Front disks are quite pitted and when I felt the inner side the pad is only touching half the disk. Annoyingly the pads are very very new looking genuine Volvo ones

It has a horrid gear knob which needs to go. Been thinking about a wooden one to match the 850R wooden steering wheel

I would like to look into a custom remap as it it just running a generic map which is not specifically set up for this car with blue injectors, 18T, Forge actuator etc.

Also I would like to get a full exhaust system at some point but the current one sounds great and is MOT "friendly" from the looks so this is no major want.

Fit the 15mm spacers and bolts I bought for the LPT but never got round to fitting as I feel the saloon's rear wheels always look a bit lost in the arches compared to the estates for some reason but this should fix that

Anyway here are a couple of pictures but I will try and get some better ones soon.

Name:  IMAG0663.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  1.15 MBName:  IMAG0666.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  1.37 MB