Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Volvo Mangler
    Thanks
    Sounds interesting. Do they work with the 850's original fluted lenses or do you have to fit clear ones?

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Thats what I was working on when I last touched the project (over three years ago, unfortunately the engine died so currently building a new one).

I was trying to deflute the lenses. Some have got the plastic lenses to make it easier to deflute. But I dont like plastic lenses, I think I've found a supplier for clear glass ones hopefully.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Volvo Mangler
    Thanks
    Defluting glass lenses sounds... Dangerous!

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    Once pay day somes I shall get onto this! For £160 and some metal I already have its worth the risk of adapting and saving potentially over £100! Ill make a little guide on it when I do. I shall order them next friday and pursue with it when they come. In the meantime, here is some eye candy...

the unsuspected just became the suspected

5. The Following User Says Thank You to s40t For This Useful Post:

Hound (Thursday 12th March 2015)

Volvo Mangler
    Thanks
    I for one will be most interested, since I already pestered Simon at Polar Parts for these lights and thought it was a dead end.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Defluting glass lenses sounds... Dangerous!
    Nah, some diamond polishing pads and a bench drill

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...ector-Retrofit
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Hound (Thursday 12th March 2015)

Volvo Mangler
    Thanks
    Really impressed with that thread. Maybe I should try that for the C70 - you can get clear glass for that.

It didn't occur to me that you would only de-flute the glass in a circle in front of the projector!

New Identity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Really impressed with that thread. Maybe I should try that for the C70 - you can get clear glass for that.

It didn't occur to me that you would only de-flute the glass in a circle in front of the projector!
    Yeah you can pick up the x70 clear glass from PFV, just the 850 range seems harder to get.

Will update the thread once I get the engine in and start the project again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Hound (Friday 13th March 2015)

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    I got a code reader on my car and got this fault code which is new...

it reads mass or volume flow A circuit range performance. Could this be from the air filter ive put on? It seems to be boosting fine and no issues?

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    It could be an old code, clear it and see if it comes back, if so it's pointing towards the MAF.

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    It could be an old code, clear it and see if it comes back, if so it's pointing towards the MAF.
    This is a new code. I had 2 originally referring to cvvt solenoid. Thats on order and should be here the week some time. But this maf is a new code thats only shown since the filters been on, ive had engine light before for the cvvt, but not maf :/

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s40t View Post
    This is a new code. I had 2 originally referring to cvvt solenoid. Thats on order and should be here the week some time. But this maf is a new code thats only shown since the filters been on, ive had engine light before for the cvvt, but not maf :/
    What type of filter is it, if it's an oiled cone filter, then oil may have contaminated the MAF sensor inside the housing, try giving it a clean with MAF cleaner, but be careful, they're very fragile, just squirt the cleaner on, and leave to dry.

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    What type of filter is it, if it's an oiled cone filter, then oil may have contaminated the MAF sensor inside the housing, try giving it a clean with MAF cleaner, but be careful, they're very fragile, just squirt the cleaner on, and leave to dry.
    Yeah just a cheapy cone filter, I need to buy a new one. Ill wait til the solenoids here and then tackle a new filter. Debating on lowering, the projectors... or both lol

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    I got had a wierd thing happen. I went for a little drive, dual carridgeway gave it abit of a boot. Came off the daulie and the engine died? It was during a gear change. Bumped it as was roling and the revs were hunting sligghtly and thought urgh mafs completely shagged. Anyway, the part that worried me was when I press the brake and pump or even rev the throttle on the spot with the brake on nothing happens :S no revs nothing, let go of the brake itll rev press brake again and nothing. Switched it off then back on and it was fine? Any ideas thoughts :S

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    In need of some technical knowhow. Ive got another cvvt solenoid, benched test it but nothing happens? My old one clicked but this ones doing nothing. The cars also running what seems no boost and possibly back firing in the turbo? Two possibilities:
    Camshafts sensor gone
    mafs gone
    faulty item sent to maybe if ones clicking and other isnt? My original one looks newer to be honest. Ill upload a pictute. going to check the camshaft sensor put the old cvvt on and see how that goes... urghhh

will it never end?
    Thanks
    I got had a wierd thing happen. I went for a little drive, dual carridgeway gave it abit of a boot. Came off the daulie and the engine died? It was during a gear change. Bumped it as was roling and the revs were hunting sligghtly and thought urgh mafs completely shagged. Anyway, the part that worried me was when I press the brake and pump or even rev the throttle on the spot with the brake on nothing happens :S no revs nothing, let go of the brake itll rev press brake again and nothing. Switched it off then back on and it was fine? Any ideas thoughts :S
    Sorry, missed this one earlier, sounds like the oneway valve in the servo line is kaput, so the engine's sucking in unmetered air from the servo.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    In need of some technical knowhow. Ive got another cvvt solenoid, benched test it but nothing happens? My old one clicked but this ones doing nothing. The cars also running what seems no boost and possibly back firing in the turbo? Two possibilities:
    Camshafts sensor gone
    mafs gone
    faulty item sent to maybe if ones clicking and other isnt? My original one looks newer to be honest. Ill upload a pictute. going to check the camshaft sensor put the old cvvt on and see how that goes... urghhh
    When the vvt unit packed up on our R, it didn't affect running much, just felt hesitant above 4,500 revs, what with code the car threw the other day, it does sound like it's MAF related.

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    When the vvt unit packed up on our R, it didn't affect running much, just felt hesitant above 4,500 revs, what with code the car threw the other day, it does sound like it's MAF related.
    Thanks for both replies. Its only done it that once, but it should still rev when brake it pressed :S but if the maf is on its last legs then it guess its plausible. .. would a duff camshaft sensor caus a maf code to come up any chance? Ive noticed that my old vvt solenoid is actually running the car better as stated, dump valve is opening alot better, less induction noise and no back fires.. must be a dodgey camshaft sensor surely? I only get a reading from pins 1 and 3 and thats up to 192.0 for a split second. Are this the correct pins and is this right? Im assuming the wiring harness is the one of two around the front under the intake mani to the right...?

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    So this is the solenoid.. old vs new...

If your wondering which is which, the NEW one is the one on the right which doesnt click when powered. My old one looks brand new :S

will it never end?
    Thanks
    So this is the solenoid.. old vs new...

If your wondering which is which, the NEW one is the one on the right which doesnt click when powered. My old one looks brand new :S
    Why did you think you had a problem with the VVT in the first place?

Thread Information