Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

850R exhaust question

Need a replacement CAT back exhaust for the odd girl.

I've found a 2nd hand turbo (not sure what turbo, T5 etc) one on ebay and wondering if they will be the same/compatible??

Is there any other models, (non T5) that have the same exhaust that would fit.

Thanks

T.
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    You really need any exhaust for the T5, T5R or R models from that period.

You might also find something on offer either at www.t5d5.org or www.volvoforums.org.uk

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Here is a good reference for which exhaust fits what....

http://www.tme.se/e_main.htm

Go to 'Export Pricelist'

Not saying THOU SHALT BUY ONE OF THESE...although they are pretty good....but it's a good explanation

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm thinking maybe I should just gets cat back stainless system. Found one from BSR for around £290. Its a 2.5" system.

I don't want anything too loud but something that'll make it sound a little bit more gruff. I see lots of threads about getting a 3" system. I guess I would have to upgrade the rest of the system to fit that. I just want something to fit myself and without too much hassle. I am considering remapping in the future so want to make sure fitting a 2.5" system will not hold it back.

Thoughts/comments?

T.
    62' V60 D3 R Design

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I have a 2.5"cat back TME system, great quality, I fitted a 3"down pipe with race car and since fitting it does drone a little at motorway speeds.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dont want any droning. I had a Corrado G60 that had some silly exhaust on and it 'droned' at motorway speeds. Drove me insane and that was when I was younger and like more noise!!

Sounds like a 2.5" system is the way to go.
    62' V60 D3 R Design

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hello Nealevo,

Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    I have a 2.5"cat back TME system, great quality, I fitted a 3"down pipe with race car and since fitting it does drone a little at motorway speeds.
    Could you tell me more, please?
    Before you fit the 3" DP, was it a genuine one (for a straight 16T), please?
    Is your 3" DP for a straight turbo outlet or did you also change the turbo housing for an angled one, please?
    Did you find that the 3" DP offered a sensible increase in power?

I have a 850 R estate, with a 16T7 angled turbo, a 3" DP with 200 cel cat and a TME catback too... and it does drone between 2200-2500 revs. The car is currently at the mechanic and I'm hesitating to tell him to reinstall genuine straight turbo outlet and genuine DP...
    I'm also on another plan : a friend of mine told me his 855 became noisy when he changed his straight 18T for an angled 19T and changed his DP for an angled one (same exhaust system that iPd provides with two DP : one for a straight outlet, another for a angled one). So here is another plan for my car : reinstalling the straight outlet on my 16T and fitting a 3" DP for a straight outlet...

You can guess how your answer will interest me. Thank you in anticipation.
    Last edited by JeanPete; Friday 20th February 2015 at 22:42.
    '96 855R 137000 km - R mani - 16T/7 - Home-made DP - Poly bushes, HD CBV & PolySpacer by iPd - JR airfilter - big stage 0...

Thanks
    I've got me7 exhaust manifold, angled 18t turbo and 3" down pipe with sport cat, with the standard cat back. No drone, angry growl from about 4000 up. Lots of power.
    Forgotten what the thing looks like! Tuning taking a little longer than expected. Gonna be a belter when it's back though.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I forgot to write my previous set-up : S60R manifold, angled 16T and 3" DP with 200 CPSI cat... and no drone with genuine catback. Drone appeared with TME catback. So I don't know what to do : may I keep the 3" DP and reinstall genuine catback ? Or may I keep TME catback and reinstall genuine straight outlet and DP ? I'm afraid I will be disappointed by the lost of power. And I already forgot how power was, with 3" DP and standard catback...
    '96 855R 137000 km - R mani - 16T/7 - Home-made DP - Poly bushes, HD CBV & PolySpacer by iPd - JR airfilter - big stage 0...

Thanks
    3yiyll be getting much more power gain from the downpipe than you will there cat back. Ditch the cutback, keep the rest.
    Forgotten what the thing looks like! Tuning taking a little longer than expected. Gonna be a belter when it's back though.

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Happy to help, I had a straight flanged 18t with factory downpipe and cat back TME 2.5 exhaust, (no middle box) and it was great, quiet until you floored it. I added a 3"DP with race cat (200 cell) as that's what everyone was telling me to do, and I got a massive 4bhp and a drone at motorway speeds, it wasn't too bad but noticeable. It may be because it was a cheap DP and cat. I brought I from a guy on here GWE.

Maybe a better quality part would be better, if I hadn't thrown my standard DP away id have fitted it back by now.

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    On my old red 855R my TME cat back droned badly at motorway speed and fast A roads, I had to speed everywhere to save my sanity that was with standard downpipe.

My current 855 T5 doesn't drone at all. 3'' down pipe, 3'' straight through reducing to 2.5'' Miltek single silencer.

Worst one I've experienced is a JT tuning stainless system, the owner wears ear plugs on the motorway. Bloody terrible but at full chat sounds awesome!
    Last edited by Redbrick; Friday 20th February 2015 at 23:56.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thank you for all your "different" answers, guys. I still don't know what to do, but I'll keep you informed.

Thread Information