Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Check with the DiCE diagnostic software first, it might be a VIDA issue.

Also, check the USB<>DiCE lead.
    Thanks, will give it a go, probably won't be until next weekend now though. When connected to the car, the DiCE firmware light was flashing green constantly. There was no light for the USB or car connections.
    Dave
    1996 850 T5 CD estate - sold
    2000 V70 (p2) T5 SE - brought back from the dead
    2015 V40 T2 R-design

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave_T5 For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Sunday 29th March 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you don't get the DiCE going I'd be happy to check over the ECU for you, just pay post.

I have seen a reload get the wrong software before, and I have a backup of your old one so if it's a software issue I can fix it, check the obvious first though.....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well I finally got round to having another look, checked for air leaks etc. I noticed that it seemed to run better with the MAF disconnected (although with a rough idle). So I bought one the cheap pattern air flow sensors from eBay (£25), fitted it yesterday and initially it ran even worse. So I cleared the fault codes and disconnected the battery for an hour or so, after reconnecting it started and ran perfectly!!! RESULT!

The car was then put in for its MOT test - passed with only 1 advisory (chip in windscreen), taxed and taken for a spin. Drove fine with no hesitation and no warning lights, so pretty happy! Treated it to a much needed wash and vac, so now looks loads better.

Next job is to give it a full service (inc cambelt - last done in 2006, 12k miles ago) and see how it goes. Thanks again for everybody's help, especially Dream3r for sorting out the ECM.
    Dave
    2015 V40 T2 R-design

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave_T5 For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Sunday 12th April 2015)

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Happy days Dave!! Glad you are sorted. Start saving your pennies for a genuine Bosch or Piezo MAF though, don't think those cheapy MAFs last too long!
    Me: 2005 V70 2.4 T5 SE. All standard.
    The Wife: 2008 C70 2.5 T5 SE. All standard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to silverhorse For This Useful Post:

Dave_T5 (Sunday 12th April 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorse View Post
    Happy days Dave!! Glad you are sorted. Start saving your pennies for a genuine Bosch or Piezo MAF though, don't think those cheapy MAFs last too long!
    I would expect as much, was more an exercise in diagnostics (haven't got round to sorting my DiCE out yet), at least it comes with a 1 year warranty, apparently.
    Dave
    2015 V40 T2 R-design

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_T5 View Post
    Well I finally got round to having another look, checked for air leaks etc. I noticed that it seemed to run better with the MAF disconnected (although with a rough idle). So I bought one the cheap pattern air flow sensors from eBay (£25), fitted it yesterday and initially it ran even worse. So I cleared the fault codes and disconnected the battery for an hour or so, after reconnecting it started and ran perfectly!!! RESULT!

The car was then put in for its MOT test - passed with only 1 advisory (chip in windscreen), taxed and taken for a spin. Drove fine with no hesitation and no warning lights, so pretty happy! Treated it to a much needed wash and vac, so now looks loads better.

Next job is to give it a full service (inc cambelt - last done in 2006, 12k miles ago) and see how it goes. Thanks again for everybody's help, especially Dream3r for sorting out the ECM.
    You're welcome mate. It's great to see one being resurrected, well done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

Dave_T5 (Monday 13th April 2015)

Thread Information