Join Today
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Oh sorry my mistake, so if you want to illegally fit hids to a non hdi, drive in contrary to your mot, dazzle other road users and possibly cause an accident, then the best car to do this in is a piece of crap early s60 d5. Thanks for clearing that up and I'll sleep better at night now
    So long as they're EU approved they aren't necessarily illegal plus you can get the anti-glare bulbs or projector fittings for them.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Why not sell both and buy a later d5 with hids and more bhp?
    Because I don't want to.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    So long as they're EU approved they aren't necessarily illegal plus you can get the anti-glare bulbs or projector fittings for them.
    What is an anti glare hid bulb? Any links?

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Because I don't want to.
    I thought that was a sensible idea, I've witnessed the poor performance from the t5 on the Dyno, and you wanted to save money.

You'd have cheaper road tax, more power, less insurance, 1 mot, more mpg and hids if you choose a decent spec.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I've wrote on this issue before when you mention the S60 is the inferior of Volvos 2 models and you genuinely are an idiot! I have no idea why you keep saying this , I have both and my S60 has all the options that my R has appart from the R specific parts! the interiors are nearly identical and the same can be said for the engine bay everything is in the same place and there is no inferior parts fitted to the S60, you really need to stop saying this it gets on my tits every time I see it posted, it's utter gash.
    Thanks
    Martyn

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Biff (Monday 9th February 2015),LeeT5 (Monday 9th February 2015),S70T5Chris (Sunday 8th February 2015),stribo (Sunday 8th February 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Martyn, your responses are what he wants, just ignore him mate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Saturday 7th February 2015)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Martyn, your responses are what he wants, just ignore him mate
    Cheers Mike I will, I've never had someone on a forum that has the ability to wind me up like this before.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Cheers Mike I will, I've never had someone on a forum that has the ability to wind me up like this before.
    he does it to us all, the place was much nicer when he was suspended for a month.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

11. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Saturday 7th February 2015)

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    I'm not gonna say anything other than:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...-headlamps.pdf

Now my understanding of this is that if you want "AFTERMARKET HIDS" you need to buy specific headlights to fit them in. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. When I converted my old E34 BMW to HIDs I bought aftermarket Halo style headlights that actually were designed to be used with HID bulbs.
    Last edited by Sharkey R; Sunday 8th February 2015 at 09:43.
    Doing my bit for the environment by driving a 'Green' car!

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    don't forget to tell you insurance company you cars headlights are no longer typed approved for on road use (hid kits state for off road use only in the small print).

That's one reason I just got some type approved fog lights ,as fitting hids to the factory fog lights would make the cars lights illegal as they haven't been tested and signed off for road use.

No big deal, you have a bad crash your insurance company will be happy to get you to refund them, what they had to pay out,as you insurance would be void.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i'm lost, they were both tested in S60's we don't know anyone with a V70. What it does show is that there was a software change between 52 & 03, which could be seen with some of the changes within the cars (my traction control off message disappeared itself, the 03 had to be clicked before the message would go)
    My V70 is a 2001 and it throws a bulb failure message with the HID kit on it.
    Duane's post still could have merit. Do we know the versions of various software (and even hardware components) of each car? As I understand it, you bought both cars used, software updates (and even software settings) among other things could have been changed during the life of the car before you got it.

Could this be a "spec" thing, possibly...........sounds to me like it would cost more to include/exclude it at a hardware level than it would be to just implement on every car. (So if it is a spec thing, it could be software, which again could merely indicate a software setting).

Sounds potentially like the canbus error free kit you bought is junk, probably worth returning.

Does the S60 throw up a bulb warning when the bulbs are disconnected? (Any bulb).
    If you swap the S60 kit into the V70, does the V70 still present a bulb warning?

Either way, there is no obvious answer based on the information provided in your first post.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Monday 9th February 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    On the the one hand James, I find most of the posts you write to be irritating, completely useless and a constant attention seeking wind up.

But then on the other hand it's 'THE' 'HUGE' '££££ING' 'OVERUSE' 'OF' '££££ING' 'INVERTED' 'COMMAS' 'FOR' 'EVERY' 'OTHER' '££££ING' 'WORD' 'THAT' 'REALLY' 'MAKES' 'MY' 'D!CK' 'ITCH' 'THE' 'MOST'. <----- Yes this was 'SHOUTING'.

Good luck getting your stadium lights to function properly. Maybe you just ££££ed something up? That wouldn't be out of the ordinary would it?

As you were.
    Last edited by S70T5Chris; Sunday 8th February 2015 at 10:40.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Biff (Monday 9th February 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Seriously guys, he knows exactly how to start a thread that will press all the right buttons to wind so many people up on this forum. All the angry wound up replies is exactly what he wants. Just don't reply and this thread would just get forgotten about very quickly, James would get bored and just go away.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Sunday 8th February 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    At my work we fit a lot of tow bars and it's very hit and miss as to whether we need to fit multiplex wiring kits. One car going by the application list will say it doesn't need it, but when the car arrives we find it does. This happens a lot even when the cars are the same year of manufacture.
    With bulbs as another example, led side lights, my Bm I've fitted Osram led side light bulbs so they match the xenon headlamps and have no issues whatsoever. I've sold loads of these, but some fitted to other Bm's of the same age as mine, will either flicker when fitted or throw up a bulb failure light on the dash. Other times people come in having fitted cheap Chinese ones and they throw up a code, but fit the Osrams and have no issues.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

shepbomb (Sunday 8th February 2015)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Why not sell both and buy a later d5 with hids and more bhp?
    Because even if he sold both of them, he wouldn't clear a grand, so there's no way he'd be able to afford a decent P2.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Because even if he sold both of them, he wouldn't clear a grand, so there's no way he'd be able to afford a decent P2.
    With all the new parts he could break them lol.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    With all the new parts he could break them lol.
    The parts would be no good by the time he'd cut them off with an angle grinder.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    What is an anti glare hid bulb? Any links?
    Oh yes, there most certainly is...... http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7r-anti-gla...hid-bulbs.html

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    On the the one hand James, I find most of the posts you write to be irritating, completely useless and a constant attention seeking wind up.

But then on the other hand it's 'THE' 'HUGE' '££££ING' 'OVERUSE' 'OF' '££££ING' 'INVERTED' 'COMMAS' 'FOR' 'EVERY' 'OTHER' '££££ING' 'WORD' 'THAT' 'REALLY' 'MAKES' 'MY' 'D!CK' 'ITCH' 'THE' 'MOST'. <----- Yes this was 'SHOUTING'.

Good luck getting your stadium lights to function properly. Maybe you just ££££ed something up? That wouldn't be out of the ordinary would it?

As you were.
    PMSL! Your comments made me laugh!

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Surprise this thread hasn't been locked up yet, as other than some useful bmw info I can't see any further good coming from this thread......MOD's ?????

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Thread Information