Join Today
    Wiping smiles off faces!

Thanks

Whole host of issues.

Well, fantastic news to start with! I got the V70 on the road.
    However... I had a few issues with Batteries today, I put a new one in as i was under the impression that the old one was duff, when low it would cause several dash messages to come up.
    Now it has been replaced, those messages have gone, however i suspect that i have a problem with charging as my new battery is low now too.
    I gained a Low battery message on the dashboard today. I measured the voltage at the back where the battery is when the engine is running, gained a variation from 13V - 14V at the terminals.
    What i want to know is this; are there any particular points on the car where the cables are susceptible to corrosion or loosening?

Second issue i have is that the car cranks over for a good few seconds before firing, i recently had oil over the spark plugs so i am assuming this if not cleaned off properly will cause the starting issues?

Third issue is to do with its hesitation to start, it would click and not engage when turning the key, but if i tried again it would sometimes work.

Any common knowledge would be a helpful input. thank you.

Wiping smiles off faces!

Thanks
    Never mind, think I've sorted it. Went through all battery terminals in the engine bay, turns out the starter motor connections were more loose than well oiled chain.

Tightened and cleaned them up and 2 problems went away.
    I'm thinking I may have to check sparks for the long crank

Thread Information