Join Today
    Thanks

Bulbs for 850R foglights

Which are the best/brightest bulbs available for 850R fog lights on the front?

I'd rather have a warm white light output, to keep the traditional look, but brightness is the main objective.

Answers on a post'...
    Forgotten what the thing looks like! Tuning taking a little longer than expected. Gonna be a belter when it's back though.

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

Theador (Saturday 31st January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanking Merc. Are they very blue?

Forgotten what the thing looks like! Tuning taking a little longer than expected. Gonna be a belter when it's back though.

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I'm a big fan of NightBreaker Plus/Unlimited bulbs - great brightness and decent life too. The Plus seem to last longer mind you - never had one of those blow, but the Unlimited seem to last 18 months or so. Also heard good things about Philips x-treme but can't comment on longevity as I've no first hand experience sorry. Just avoid the Halfords Brilliance bulbs - I tried them once and they lasted 2 months and 3 months each - I complained and got a refund eventually The manager said they're made by Ring BTW - he said it like it was a good thing lol.
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

Theador (Saturday 31st January 2015),Tomcat (Saturday 31st January 2015)

Thanks
    Cheers dude, I'm also looking at maybe getting some yellow ones for that 'retro' look

Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    I'm a big fan of NightBreaker Plus/Unlimited bulbs - great brightness and decent life too. The Plus seem to last longer mind you - never had one of those blow, but the Unlimited seem to last 18 months or so. Also heard good things about Philips x-treme but can't comment on longevity as I've no first hand experience sorry. Just avoid the Halfords Brilliance bulbs - I tried them once and they lasted 2 months and 3 months each - I complained and got a refund eventually The manager said they're made by Ring BTW - he said it like it was a good thing lol.

Thread Information