Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have owned my P3 V70 Auto for a year now.
    Its my first Volvo and I bought it as I needed an estate for work. I had a Vectra 1.8 petrol which was big enough but a massive money pit.
    I was recommended to Volvo by my Brother in law who has driven many of them in the course of his job as a paramedic driver training instructor in Scotland.
    I managed to find a 2008 one owner plus demo at my local dealer Doves in Croydon.
    It had full history by them and had only done 33000 miles. It had been serviced every year.
    Its a D5 2.4 SE Auto and is a great car. Its my first diesel and has taken a bit of getting used to(engine noise and vibration at idle).
    It is not as economical as hoped but will achieve 40 on a run as long as you stay under 70.
    On a run from Edinburgh to Croydon about 400miles I tend to get about 36/37 at up to 80mph.
    Its a heavy car but is very comfortable and nicely equipped and I often do that run nonstop.
    Its powerful and copes well in traffic and does about 29mpg.
    The only problem Ive had was a knocking in the steering which resulted in a new rack, pump, reservoir and flush of all pipework and full steering realignment. Caused by a small piece of the pinion breaking. Doves assured me it was a one off and were brilliant in persuading the Volvo used warranty people that all these parts were needed due to complete contamination of the steering oil with metal. oh and at a cost to them off £3000.00.
    I have worn a new front set of Pirellis out in 11000mls.
    Just been serviced at Doves with no issues.
    Hopefully no more issues just enjoyable fuss free driving as I generally keep cars for some years.
    I have a 2001 C class merc 320 V6 petrol saloon which I love driving. It has some mods and I prefer the drive to the Volvo but then I cant get a washing machine in the back like I did the other day!
    The Volvo is the best estate ive owned and Ive had a few namely Rover, VectraB and Omega V6.
    Highly recommended.
    Last edited by hillmangt; Sunday 21st February 2016 at 14:18.

Thread Information