Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

V70 Slow Steering

Does this not bother anyone else?
    I assume it's designed to be nice and un-twitchy for motorway cruising, but for regular driving it's... weird.
    For regular corners I'm practically crossing hands.
    Measures about 3.5 turns lock to lock I think, which considering how low of a lock angle it has, is pretty damn slow i'd say.

So enough moaning, are there any safe, legal and 'done' improvements?
    Have looked at steering quickeners, a 1.5:1 improvement would be nice for spirited or, well any driving I expect.
    But I'm not sure if they're legal.
    Was there a quicker rack available, like on the T5 perhaps?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    There's nothing special about a P1 T5 rack over a P1 2.5/2.0/Tdi. They are all the same.

What's your issue? seems a little strange. If you have issue with your steering, have you tried a fluid change? If the fluid is old and contaminated it is prone to cavitate, so can cause odd steering feel. This would be my first port of call. Stock racks are hideously expensive to replace and buying a recon rack isn't always best due to the racks service life only being as good as the bloke/woman that reconditioned it in a workshop. If they couldn't be asred that day or were not bothered then I'd hate to be buying that rack!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    there's nothing wrong with it, it's just recently reminded my just how 'slow' the steering is compared to 'normal' cars.
    comparing the same corners in my car to my mate's V40 or ££££box kia also makes it apparent.
    I'd say it contributes to a duller drive, I know the length doesn't exactly make it snappy.

Maybe i'll look at fitting a quickener over the summer, maybe i won't bother and accept i'm driving a sofa!
    Oh well

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    as I said on face book, fit a smaller diameter steering wheel.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status

Thanks
    Can you adjust caster angle on a V70?

Thread Information