Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Unhappy V70 T5 running fault

Hi People,my P1 V70 T5 2000 model year has an annoying fault.I can only describe it by likening to a carb fed engine when warm being operated on full choke.That is very lumpy and smells really rich.This only happens on a cold start such as first thing in the morning,worse when the weather is cold.This lasts for about 15-30 seconds and then is fine until the next cold start.I have fault code read it with a Snap-On Solus which gave the code P261A long term fuel trim.Autodata lists this as a know fault and recommends changing the front and rear Lambda sensors due to contamination.A further code read using a Snap-On Modus revealed the REAR Lambda to be at fault so this has been changed for a NTK one.However the lumpy and rich idle still persists.I am thinking along the lines of a dodgy temperature sensor although the gauge never reads other than normal,the problem is only noticeable at low external temperatures.The other issue is that despite trying to get a front Lambda from various factors,it seems vehicle specific as it is a five wire wideband sensor.
    Any ideas would be helpful,Thanks.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    You do have a bad running issue if the temp sensor is faulty when cold.Mine took time to start too.Cheapest thing to replace and erase the code then let us know how get on.Have you changed the spark plugs?They can give a lambda code too.Also the dreaded TB could be starting to go,well 1st the temp sensor.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Always starts first time but with the running fault.Plugs have been changed for proper NGK items,I wont use anything less.I am thinking perhaps a faulty Temp sensor because when the outside temperature rises,i.e,in summer,it never has an issue.I should have also said that it has developed an annoying fault of not liking full throttle now (possibly not related).Used to throw you back in the seat but now its more like a Ford Ka on full throttle.Back off and its okay.Weird!! Air leak maybe??

Thread Information