Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Another update,

Met up with Martyn this morning, he's a Top lad, had a good chat, a brew and he even let me have a shot in his R! What an absolute machine them things are! I've been half considering getting another Beemer, either a 5 or a 7 series, but having a shot of that this morning and seeing how well they hold themselves I've decided I need one on my driveway!lol

Martyn scanned the codes.....there was a list as long as your arm! Then cleared them, I think the clutch position sensor one came straight back but can't remember now. I was expecting that one anyway. We're going to meet up again at some point and see if any more have flagged up. Turning the car round I got the ABS and TRACS ones back, a bit further down the road and the brake failure one was back.

ABS-0011,ABS-0012 and ABS-0093 are going to be the problem ones I reckon. Going to try giving the sensor a clean, if not then possibly s module issue? The other thing that was noticed was that after the car sitting with its ignition on for not even 10 mins the low battery voltage warning was showing.
    Battery on its way out possibly causing codes?

Anyway, here's a pic of the list of codes in case any of the gurus can decipher something from it!

On the way home, I did feel a little gutted when I booted it up the dual carriageway and it didn't overtake the cars as fast as an R! :-( think VIDA and an R are definite future investments anyway!
    2001 S60 T5

This user has no status

Thanks
    I don't know if these will help you out

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...onversion-List

I'll bet you that old R was filthy and in need of a wash.lol

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    That's quite some list of faults, I hope you get to the bottom of your problems.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, jimmie, he was dusting the dash when I arrived and was saying he couldn't let me see it the way it was before! I wasn't fussed, mines done the guts of 2-2500 miles since just before Xmas so mine is mingin!

Cheers stribo,

I'm actually pretty confident now that the battery may have something to do with it, got home and when I went out again all the lights are off, just been out for a good run and they've stayed out! For the last couple of weeks and through the cold snap I've only really being doing work and back, about 3 miles each way. And with it flashing up the low battery warning this morning while it was being scanned, Google says that these things can throw up some daft faults when there's low power, one of them being the lights I was getting. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week and see what's what. Going to clean the front left sensor anyway just in case.
    It was a long list of codes though eh! Don't think it's ever been scanned since it was a few years old because I'm not sure when the last time it was in to a main dealer!lol
    2001 S60 T5

Thread Information