Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Very good glass enhancer

I love cleaning and detailing my cars and have even done a few for other people now threw word of mouth. I enjoy adding products to my collection and recently thought I'd invest in some CarPro Products.

My car is 11 years old now and the front windscreen has the usual wear and tear marks which I can live with. However some of the marks have been inflicted by the wiper blades over the years. No matter how much I cleaned the glass and tried some heavy duty polishes, the marks wouldn't come out. It was suggested to me to to try the CarPro CeriGlass polish kit.

The kit comes with the polish, applicator pads and microfiber cloth. By hand the results are said to be very good, but using a da polisher would be easier and quicker, so I also ordered up some 5" glass polishing pads to go onto my da polisher.

The marks don't really show up well in the photos, but they are marks left by I presume the rubber blades with dirt in them continually marking the same area.

After going over the area 5 or 6 attempts the marks got less and less until the marks had completely gone. Total time spent 20 minutes. For the money I highly recommend this product. The glass looks crystal clear again as I also went over the whole windscreen and was amazed how much more clarity there is.

I've also invested in this

CarPro CqUK. Again a product recommended to me. It's basically a clear sealant that you put on the paint, that when cured is as tough as a diamond and lasts up to 2 years. I've seen a car with this applied and watched as water just runs off the paintwork. It repels just about anything your car has thrown at it on a day to day basis. Because it's a coating it vastly reduces swirl marks which as we know is a nightmare especially on darker cars. Will use it on my car, but mainly got it for our new black golf. The paint needs to be compounded, polished then all oils removed before applying, so it's a two day job in total, so this is a job for February, when I've got a week off and can do without the car. I'll keep you updated with the results.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Wednesday 4th March 2015),M-R-P (Wednesday 7th January 2015),Rnash2002 (Thursday 5th March 2015),silverhorse (Friday 13th March 2015)

Thread Information