Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Doesnt help me as I'm buggered if I'm paying motorway prices for Shell so its either Tesco or nothing sadly.
    Not many Shell stations round your way...I can only see 2 on the map, one on Warrington Road

Plenty of BP stations. I would rather run out of fuel and walk than pay BP prices once drove into some motorway services with a fuel leak and knackered gauge...almost bugger all fuel left but drove straight out again when I realised it was BP. worked for them before too, awful

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Just put momentum in mine, 99 Ron

£1.10 a litre here so not too bad.

£104.9for normal unleaded

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    Not many Shell stations round your way...I can only see 2 on the map, one on Warrington Road

Plenty of BP stations. I would rather run out of fuel and walk than pay BP prices once drove into some motorway services with a fuel leak and knackered gauge...almost bugger all fuel left but drove straight out again when I realised it was BP. worked for them before too, awful
    The one your showing on warrington road isn't there any more, it s now houses. Know what you mean about Bp,lol.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Thursday 8th January 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    i can tell you for a fact its all refined at the same refineries, the only difference between them is the additives, i know all this for a fact because i used to take the samples to be tested and asked the people that know the questions and they actually confirmed Tesco and Shell are the better fuels to use
    No...you don`t tell any lies Simon...

My Father used to work for BP from 1951 to about 1978 and even then all the petrol tankers from different companys used to fill up at the gantrys at the Isle Of Grain Refinery....i have seen them do it when going to pick up my Father from work sometimes.......

It is the additives that make the difference tho`...

BP Ultimate fuel is as bad as it`s price ...my V70 T5 hated it.....it is so obvious that BP are clawing money back from the public to balance there books with the Gulf episode!...

Although Tom you say you wont pay Shell prices.......you ought to look further than your nose..... as there fuel minimizes any running problems together with cleaning all the system and burning cleaner gives better top performance and more MPG .....how can you use any other!

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    No...you don`t tell any lies Simon...

My Father used to work for BP from 1951 to about 1978 and even then all the petrol tankers from different companys used to fill up at the gantrys at the Isle Of Grain Refinery....i have seen them do it when going to pick up my Father from work sometimes.......

It is the additives that make the difference tho`...

BP Ultimate fuel is as bad as it`s price ...my V70 T5 hated it.....it is so obvious that BP are clawing money back from the public to balance there books with the Gulf episode!...

Although Tom you say you wont pay Shell prices.......you ought to look further than your nose..... as there fuel minimizes any running problems together with cleaning all the system and burning cleaner gives better top performance and more MPG .....how can you use any other!
    Yep I can confirm that your old v70 hates BP, an extra 2 miles for me to get shell but works out cheaper

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

960kg (Thursday 8th January 2015)

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    I'd say mines worse on shell mpg wise but I've had cars with exactly the same engines & one has liked shell & one didn't.
    Mine drives better on momentum I reckon but again I have a different map.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

Swede demon
    Thanks
    my old red T5 was a extremely picky bugger. was rica mapped and i had a slight idiot moment first time i came to fill it up driving home. put about £10 of regular then realised oh bugger n v powered the rest. but when the standard went through lord it hated it. my current T5R runs fine on shell standard. n the mpg seems to sit between 21 and 23 too n from work dunno why it keeps fluctuating as i drive the same every day. put V power in it and ill get about 25 ish mpg.
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Thread Information