Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V70 06 P2 2.4 T5 :-)

Thanks

V70 T5 P2 2.4 260 bhp Ex Services Remap??

Hi All,

I am new to the forums and looking to get my V70 ex police \ ex ambulance remapped.

The car itself is very mechanically sound and drives very well for a ex services car.

I have been looking around at garages that offer remaps but they are hard to judge and somewhat trust with out a personal recommendation.

My cousin and I went to HLM in Bromsgrove as I saw a few other VPC members went their and gave good reviews. When I got there the guy just basically SLATED my car for about 3 to 4 minutes saying that ex police cars are rubbish and it "Will Break Soon", and remapping "Will Break it Sooner". Honestly, it left me and my cousin speechless as the guy didn't even walk within 20yards of my car, never mind taking a look under the bonnet. At that point we both lost all confidence in him and couldn't wait to leave, but had to hang around as my cousin was getting his V70R dyno'd - but even that didn't work as the computer kept on crashing so no dyno results either. We were there for 1.5 hours and it wasn't a nice experience - complete waste of time. I understand if he had a bad experience in the past with remapping ex police cars but no need to take it out on new business.

Annnyway... rant over.

Does anyone have any experience with getting ex police V70 T5's remapped? And wheres the best place to go preferably in the Midlands.

Apologies if there are already threads around this.

Cheers
    Sanj

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    MRP's the ex plod guru, and he had his remapped at..............................................HL M.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanj View Post
    Hi All,

I am new to the forums and looking to get my V70 ex police \ ex ambulance remapped.

The car itself is very mechanically sound and drives very well for a ex services car.

I have been looking around at garages that offer remaps but they are hard to judge and somewhat trust with out a personal recommendation.

My cousin and I went to HLM in Bromsgrove as I saw a few other VPC members went their and gave good reviews. When I got there the guy just basically SLATED my car for about 3 to 4 minutes saying that ex police cars are rubbish and it "Will Break Soon", and remapping "Will Break it Sooner". Honestly, it left me and my cousin speechless as the guy didn't even walk within 20yards of my car, never mind taking a look under the bonnet. At that point we both lost all confidence in him and couldn't wait to leave, but had to hang around as my cousin was getting his V70R dyno'd - but even that didn't work as the computer kept on crashing so no dyno results either. We were there for 1.5 hours and it wasn't a nice experience - complete waste of time. I understand if he had a bad experience in the past with remapping ex police cars but no need to take it out on new business.

Annnyway... rant over.

Does anyone have any experience with getting ex police V70 T5's remapped? And wheres the best place to go preferably in the Midlands.

Apologies if there are already threads around this.

Cheers
    Sanj

Ahh, the joys of Hamish Lindsey, you are probably better off having a chat with Dream3r on this very forum
    Last edited by claymore; Monday 29th December 2014 at 21:16.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Do a stage 0 check all vac hoses boost pipes have the engine pressure tested then get some bosch green/ vxr injectors and talk to dreamer on here and hamish can be taken the wrong way as he is pretty blunt, i personally use grn in smethwick or shems in nottingham
    Last edited by ExternalError; Monday 29th December 2014 at 21:08.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

sanj (Tuesday 30th December 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    You should have no problem at all with increasing the engine outputs of an ex police or ambulance service Volvo. They will have been well used.... but more importantly well maintained.

I can offer you MTE's Swedish written software for your car for £395 including VAT that will give you enhanced outputs of 330bhp with 480nm of torque. You can get a small increase above that figure but you do need to fit a complete replacement exhaust of a good quality, downpipe with special cat plus 'cat-back' which will cost you around £1000.

You install this software yourself so you have no need to travel. You use MTE's unique 'Softloader' as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP equipped laptop, some later laptops running in compatibility mode will do the job.. I loan that Softloader against a fully refundable deposit of £155.

please call me on 01494 785508 or email don@kalmar-union.com if I can help further.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

sanj (Tuesday 30th December 2014)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Ah....you met Hamish then lol

Marmite kinda guy, can be entertaining though.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    MRP's the ex plod guru, and he had his remapped at..............................................HL M.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
    Is it..... he wouldn't even consider mapping mine.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Is it..... he wouldn't even consider mapping mine.
    Strange, his has done over 200,000 miles, so is much more likely to expire than yours.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Strange, his has done over 200,000 miles, so is much more likely to expire than yours.
    I no... he didn't want to map my cousins V70R 1998 due to age 176k milage

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    'Ello.

Interesting reading this. Hamish is rather blunt and enjoys a rant but to turn a car away is a bit strange.
    Mine went in with over 200k on the clock and, although he warned me not to expect it to reach "the magic 300" as he put it, was quite happy to rag the nuts off it on the dyno, map it and rag it some more to make sure it worked.

Unless he spotted something like smoke from your exhaust while idling which put him off, I can't see why he's refuse to map it (not having a working dyno could make him want to delay mapping I would imagine).
    The dyno played up when I went to have mine mapped too - think it just doesn't like ex plods
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    My advice is to speak to Shem (ShemTek) he can give it a going over and fit any parts it needs and crucially datalog it with my software (no charge from me just his time) it to make sure it's happy first. He's based in Nottingham, he can also resell my maps.

They remap really well, around 350BHP can be had, with the right parts and they don't need to cost the earth.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 30th December 2014),sanj (Tuesday 30th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanks all for your replies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    My advice is to speak to Shem (ShemTek) he can give it a going over and fit any parts it needs and crucially datalog it with my software (no charge from me just his time) it to make sure it's happy first. He's based in Nottingham, he can also resell my maps.

They remap really well, around 350BHP can be had, with the right parts and they don't need to cost the earth.
    Thanks Dream3r been meaning to get in touch with you. How much we talking for stage 1 bhp and price?
    Cheers
    Sanj

This user has no status

Thanks
    300+bhp easy. IMO injectors are needed to push it up towards 330-350 for the stage 2.

My price is 320 for the stage 1

Thanks
    So..

I had been speaking to Shem (shemtek_racing) for a couple of days about remapping my car with Dream3r's map.

Shem is based in nottingham and I was a bit hesitant of travelling there from Birmingham as you never know what you going to get or who you going to meet! but I had confidence in Shem and got to his garage on Monday morning. We talked a little while he hooked up his laptop to my car. He sent me out for a drive to collect some data. I came back after 10mins and then he decided to take my car out again as I didn't push it hard enough lol.

The data showed the MAF value was slightly low and Shem expected there was some kind of air leak, so he got under my hood and start looking around. Nothing major was found, just a loose pipe tighter and a crack in the turbo inlet/charge pipe (see pic) where the pipe meets the clip that is screwed. Name:  2015-01-05 11.41.48.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  887.6 KB (After close inspection when I got back home I noticed that the crack didn't penetrate the pipe...so that was a good thing)

We ran some data again and the MAF value picked up slightly. Shem then decided that everything was in order but advised to do a compression test (any help on that?) to see if I have an air leak somewhere. He then loaded Dream3r REMAPP!! I was soon on my way....

Immediately I noticed the difference. The throttle response is virtually instant. The high revs on start up got deleted and the car idles considerably better. Power delivery is very progressive and smooth and it just keeps on coming! My favorite gear is 2nd, and 3rd..its crazy - going to take some getting use it. My MPG has even slightly improved, nothing major but better than before. I definitely enjoy driving it more - I mainly just cruise but now I have the throttle response and power for those nice blasts of speed . My pipercross air filter sounds much better now, more throatier - just what I wanted.

Highly recommended. Cheers

Last edited by sanj; Wednesday 7th January 2015 at 22:10.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sanj For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 7th January 2015),Dream3r (Wednesday 7th January 2015),expolicev70t5 (Thursday 8th January 2015),Nealevo (Wednesday 7th January 2015)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Glad to hear you had the outcome you were looking for, well worth the trip eh lol

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

This user has no status

Thanks
    So..

I had been speaking to Shem (shemtek_racing) for a couple of days about remapping my car with Dream3r's map.

Shem is based in nottingham and I was a bit hesitant of travelling there from Birmingham as you never know what you going to get or who you going to meet! but I had confidence in Shem and got to his garage on Monday morning. We talked a little while he hooked up his laptop to my car. He sent me out for a drive to collect some data. I came back after 10mins and then he decided to take my car out again as I didn't push it hard enough lol.

The data showed the MAF value was slightly low and Shem expected there was some kind of air leak, so he got under my hood and start looking around. Nothing major was found, just a loose pipe tighter and a crack in the turbo inlet/charge pipe (see pic) where the pipe meets the clip that is screwed. Name:  2015-01-05 11.41.48.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  887.6 KB (After close inspection when I got back home I noticed that the crack didn't penetrate the pipe...so that was a good thing)

We ran some data again and the MAF value picked up slightly. Shem then decided that everything was in order but advised to do a compression test (any help on that?) to see if I have an air leak somewhere. He then loaded Dream3r REMAPP!! I was soon on my way....

Immediately I noticed the difference. The throttle response is virtually instant. The high revs on start up got deleted and the car idles considerably better. Power delivery is very progressive and smooth and it just keeps on coming! My favorite gear is 2nd, and 3rd..its just insane. Its going to take some time to get use to it. My MPG has even slightly improved, nothing major but better than before. I definitely enjoy driving it more - I mainly just cruise but now I have the throttle response and power for those nice blasts of speed . My pipercross air filter sounds much better now, more throatier - just what I wanted.

Highly recommended. Cheers

I think you have an outcome of both a keen eye looking at the car (slight airleak was found) and a decent remap.

Good combo I think and worth the trip

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Consider yourself lucky mate, it'll be over 300 miles round trip when I take our R there for a remap.

This user has no status

Thanks
    great result , time to destroy some tyres!

happy
    Thanks
    Sounds impressive, now enjoy that midrange torque
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5
    Current Car:850t5

Thread Information