Hi All,

I am new to the forums and looking to get my V70 ex police \ ex ambulance remapped.

The car itself is very mechanically sound and drives very well for a ex services car.

I have been looking around at garages that offer remaps but they are hard to judge and somewhat trust with out a personal recommendation.

My cousin and I went to HLM in Bromsgrove as I saw a few other VPC members went their and gave good reviews. When I got there the guy just basically SLATED my car for about 3 to 4 minutes saying that ex police cars are rubbish and it "Will Break Soon", and remapping "Will Break it Sooner". Honestly, it left me and my cousin speechless as the guy didn't even walk within 20yards of my car, never mind taking a look under the bonnet. At that point we both lost all confidence in him and couldn't wait to leave, but had to hang around as my cousin was getting his V70R dyno'd - but even that didn't work as the computer kept on crashing so no dyno results either. We were there for 1.5 hours and it wasn't a nice experience - complete waste of time. I understand if he had a bad experience in the past with remapping ex police cars but no need to take it out on new business.

Annnyway... rant over.

Does anyone have any experience with getting ex police V70 T5's remapped? And wheres the best place to go preferably in the Midlands.

Apologies if there are already threads around this.

Cheers
Sanj