Join Today
    This user has no statues
    Thanks

P1 V70 rear numberplate lights not working

Hi all, just noticed tonight that both the rear numberplate lights aren't working, and it goes in for it's mot tomorrow! . It's too dark to go and muck about now so will be having a quick look in the morning. Any clues as to what it might be? Fuse maybe? (as it's both bulbs). The rear lights come on as does the interior. etc.
    I've not been using it lately (my other half has pinched it while her car is broken - so much for Honda reliability lol).
    Thanks in advance folks :
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    The first thing to do would be to check the bulbs, you never know they may both have blown, failing that the fuse would be the next port of call, if it's not that then check the wiring loom where it goes through the body of the car to the tailgate, it may have worn/chafed.

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    The first thing to do would be to check the bulbs, you never know they may both have blown, failing that the fuse would be the next port of call, if it's not that then check the wiring loom where it goes through the body of the car to the tailgate, it may have worn/chafed.
    Cheers, I'll check that in the morning along with the bulb holders to see of they are corroded (got a message off the original owner to say it might also be that).

I'll report back when I've looked (too dark now)
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    What he said.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    I had no end of problems with my Nautic R's number plate lights, and it was corrosion caused by water getting past the crappy gaskets. New gaskets and screws solved it for me after removing the corrosion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

Rhys (Saturday 10th January 2015)

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    I had no end of problems with my Nautic R's number plate lights, and it was corrosion caused by water getting past the crappy gaskets. New gaskets and screws solved it for me after removing the corrosion.
    That's what's happened. Corrosion has gone too far to save them though. Seals were buggered. Going to have to get some more and fit them. PITA..

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    That's what's happened. Corrosion has gone too far to save them though. Seals were buggered. Going to have to get some more and fit them. PITA..
    I got the gaskets from my local indy, and they were pretty cheap, but proper Volvo parts. New screws meant I could go tighter and that seemed to do the trick.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

Rhys (Saturday 10th January 2015)

Thread Information