Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear abs sensor

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbrick View Post
    There's a seller on Ebay who refurbs ABS units for £54.95. Does anyone have any first hand experience of his work?
    Haven't got a clue I know the little one used some one who did a crap job but think that was of some one else

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Just remembered wobbly wobbly dave on here used to do them might be worth a pm to him

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well, the light stayed off long enough to get through the MOT so a cure can wait for a bit.
    I'm wondering if it could be the toothed wheel being clogged up???? Diagnostics still specifically says rear right sensor.
    '98 V70 T5, 17" Mega Panteras, 225 45 Eagle F1 Assymetric 3, Eibach Pros, Bilstein B6s, Strut brace, Ramair cone filter, All polys, No badges except T5.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Does your speedo stop working when the abs light comes on? If so, it's highly likely it's the ECU.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Does your speedo stop working when the abs light comes on? If so, it's highly likely it's the ECU.
    No it doesn't. Just the ABS light and the "Tracs Off" warning.
    '98 V70 T5, 17" Mega Panteras, 225 45 Eagle F1 Assymetric 3, Eibach Pros, Bilstein B6s, Strut brace, Ramair cone filter, All polys, No badges except T5.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    If I were in your position I would inspect the front reluctar rings replace if needed and then get the ecu repaired with it still showing the rear at fault I'm more than sure it's the ecu.
    A failing ecu won't always cause the speedo to stop working as it depends which part has failed
    On some ecus I've inspected some time I couldn't see a dry joint or the actual problem but with re sweating the joint has made sure it's all correct and working as it should.
    If you Google it the is a pic some where of which joints to do and a how to

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    If I were in your position I would inspect the front reluctar rings replace if needed and then get the ecu repaired with it still showing the rear at fault I'm more than sure it's the ecu.
    A failing ecu won't always cause the speedo to stop working as it depends which part has failed
    On some ecus I've inspected some time I couldn't see a dry joint or the actual problem but with re sweating the joint has made sure it's all correct and working as it should.
    If you Google it the is a pic some where of which joints to do and a how to
    Thanks for the comments Pete. I'm actually an electronics design engineer so I shouldn't have too much trouble with the ecu. I do agree though the the rings are worth looking at.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I will quite happily refurb ABS if anyone still wants?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information