Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Volvo Dealership and Aftermarket Part?

Ok so yesterday went to the parts department of my local Volvo Dealership to get a side bulb and also ordered Sat Nav Update Disc., and in the conversation i mentioned that i would pop in and collect the sat nav disc on Saturday, as the service department was replacing a drive shaft for the S60R, to which the manager piped up oh sorry the part is unavailable has the service department contacted you, to which i said no!, his colleague said well you can get aftermarket part from from e-bay and fit on Saturday, and i was taken aback a bit and said no!, i will wait a couple of weeks if i have to and get the Volvo part from sweden on back order!, and then said i would pop into the service department to find out what was going on. So the guy i deal with was off sick, and i explained the situation to a colleague in the service department and they confirmed, yep sorry can't replace the drive shaft on Saturday parts not available, but you could use aftermarket parts, again explained no i want Volvo original for a car like an R with 300bhp and 30k mileage. I was pretty taken back that Volvo would suggest aftermarket parts not just in parts department but in the service department as well, what is even more of an issue which i will take up with them is would they offer the same warranty. I DONT THINK SO

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    I take it they are saying the part is not longer available and they are not manufacturering any more if this is the case and tou have double checked with the likes of frf volvo etc then your only option is to fit a pattern part

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Maybe a mis-communication internally, but the parts guy double checked and put it in back order, maybe first time round they thought it was not available possibly?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stuff normally takes 3 days from Sweden.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Maybe a mis-communication internally, but the parts guy double checked and put it in back order, maybe first time round they thought it was not available possibly?
    Definitely a miscommunication!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Stuff normally takes 3 days from Sweden.
    If parts are available in UK then as long as they are ordered b4 midday then the part will arrive the same day.
    If it's not in the UK, then it will come from Sweden and is 2 days maximum 3.

S60R/V70R driveshafts are available and normally have to come from Sweden as are most non common failing parts, like KKK Turbos, Angle gears, front bumpers etc.
    Fast moving parts like service items, consumables, clips, nuts and bolts, etc are normally in UK.
    Special order items also come from Sweden.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    angle gears & kkk's not common failing parts lmao

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think it must have been mis communication when I come to think about it, the original chap I spoke to indicated the part isn't supplied anymore, unit the manager double checked and out on back order, I will speak to the service guy on the phone in a minute any how

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Definitely a miscommunication!!

If parts are available in UK then as long as they are ordered b4 midday then the part will arrive the same day.
    If it's not in the UK, then it will come from Sweden and is 2 days maximum 3.

S60R/V70R driveshafts are available and normally have to come from Sweden as are most non common failing parts, like KKK Turbos, Angle gears, front bumpers etc.
    Fast moving parts like service items, consumables, clips, nuts and bolts, etc are normally in UK.
    Special order items also come from Sweden.
    That's what Simon at FRF has been telling me for years, just repeating it. I meant parts kept in Sweden not the UK obviously.

This user has no status

Thanks
    For parts that are no longer made/obsolete Volvo will do a global dealer search in case any one has one on the shelf somewhere. This info was given to me by my local dealer Hatfields in Bury, Greater Manchester, don't know what the cost are though.

Thread Information