Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andrew
    This user has no status

Power Engineering - good day!

Just a thanks to Simon for organising the day down at Power Engineering. A good day had by all I think. Also for Iain for the ride in his T5 and showing us the way to the crooked billet for a top meal. Really enjoyed the day

Results where :

264 bhp @ 5026rpm with 318 lbs/ft of tourque - not bad for a crappy superchip... here's to things to come in the ECU dept though

Graph to come shortly...
    Ac.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Got to agree with you there Andrew met some really nice interesting guys some of them from north of Watford as well! Will take you up on VOC Ian and don't forget the pic. Will post the few I took on phone as soon as I pick up other laptop (forgot no infared at home) on Monday. What happened when Chris made second run did the lean curve disapear?
    Engineer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Another good meet !

Good to see the Volvo crowd together again and to meet some new faces.

I didn't get to do another run as they closed at 1 - however, I filled up with Optimax and the car does seem to be better - better than BP Ultimate I was using.

Car wasn't running lean all the way through, it was detonating in the midrange and pulling back timing - made 285bhp on the BP (can't remember torque, I'll look it up).

Big suprise was my dad's T4 218bhp running Tesco cheap fuel !

Will need to have another dyno day sometime ! Time for a Brum meet methinks !

Chris
    Last edited by SaffronC70; Saturday 19th November 2005 at 19:30.
    Merc 190E 2.0 Auto

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronC70
    Car wasn't running lean all the way through, it was detonating in the midrange and pulling back timing - made 285bhp on the BP (can't remember torque, I'll look it up).
    Chris,

When it was pulling the timing back, what ignition timing values did it pull back to?

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Great day, nice to put some faces to names!

Unfortunately everyone had a successful run except me as my car kept trying to jump off the rollers because it seems there is a wheel alignment problem. The front wheels were really badly kerbed when I bought the car so I guess that's where the problem has come from. I had noticed it had been tramlining a bit but I thought it was down to crap tyres, obviously not. On the positive side of things at least I know where the problem really lies and I can get it sorted out. Luckily there is a place 200 yds from work that has four wheel alignment equipment so I'll be taking the car down there this week to get it sorted out.

I did take some pictures but with Paul's camera, so Paul has the pictures!
    S60 T5 SE Metallic Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Aluminium Mesh Trim, Heico Alloy Door Pins, Heico Stainless Steel Sill Covers, Heico Black Mesh Grille, Heico Boot Decal, Genuine Volvo Boot Spoiler, Koni FSD Dampers, Eibach Springs, BSR Stage 1 PPC, Pipercross Induction Kit, Powerflow Twin Oval outlet exhaust system, Powerflex Polyurethane Top Engine Mounts & Front Wishbone Bushes, Osram Silverstars, Phillips Silvervision Indicator Bulbs, Thor 17" Alloys in Dark Anthracite.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Simon - did the car get lowered ? I read yesterday that sometimes when a car is lowed it can alter the camber of the wheel.... perhaps that may be part of the problem ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Great day, nice to put some faces to names!

Unfortunately everyone had a successful run except me as my car kept trying to jump off the rollers because it seems there is a wheel alignment problem. The front wheels were really badly kerbed when I bought the car so I guess that's where the problem has come from. I had noticed it had been tramlining a bit but I thought it was down to crap tyres, obviously not. On the positive side of things at least I know where the problem really lies and I can get it sorted out. Luckily there is a place 200 yds from work that has four wheel alignment equipment so I'll be taking the car down there this week to get it sorted out.

I did take some pictures but with Paul's camera, so Paul has the pictures!
    Simon,

If you want you can have a session on our dyno. You won't get any issues with jumping out of rollers or wheelspin etc even if the wheels aren't alligned, because our dyno does not suffer from these problems by nature of it's design. So you can run 1000 bhp @ wheels no probs. The car can even be slightly forward of centre, slightly back, even with the steering not quite centred or the camber out, and you will still get 100% accurate readings.

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvotuning
    Chris,

When it was pulling the timing back, what ignition timing values did it pull back to?

Adam.
    No idea !

Was only a dyno day with no special equipment, only the operators experience.

Chris
    Merc 190E 2.0 Auto

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Simon - did the car get lowered ? I read yesterday that sometimes when a car is lowed it can alter the camber of the wheel.... perhaps that may be part of the problem ?
    When mine was lowered i had mine checked was out a little but enough to wreck the tyres over time,

A cracking day out, i had a brilliant 28 hours of being in and around T5 cars and people, weather was very cold but perfect for the intake
    Thanks to everyone VT5 and VOC it's nice to be on the fence.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I forgot to say to the guy in the Audi S2 thanks for nothing i stayed with him untill 120 behind him then i pulled into 2nd lane and followed him on his nearside, i had loads left, i was quite surprised he couldn't pull away from me.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes the car has been lowered so it could partly be that as well, but it was tramlining when I first had it before it had been lowered. Obviously something isn't right which needs to be fixed. Like I said I thought it might have just been the tyres, but I was wrong.

That's one of the great things about Dyno days is that it can highlight problems you didn't even know you had, or thought might be being caused by something you hadn't even considered as is the case with me here.

After reading this...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/show...3&page=5&pp=10

I think I'm going to get some Koni FSD's fitted at the same time.
    Last edited by Simon; Sunday 20th November 2005 at 13:07.
    S60 T5 SE Metallic Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Aluminium Mesh Trim, Heico Alloy Door Pins, Heico Stainless Steel Sill Covers, Heico Black Mesh Grille, Heico Boot Decal, Genuine Volvo Boot Spoiler, Koni FSD Dampers, Eibach Springs, BSR Stage 1 PPC, Pipercross Induction Kit, Powerflow Twin Oval outlet exhaust system, Powerflex Polyurethane Top Engine Mounts & Front Wishbone Bushes, Osram Silverstars, Phillips Silvervision Indicator Bulbs, Thor 17" Alloys in Dark Anthracite.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Let us know how you get on with it Simon. Great looking car btw - very stealthy with those dark wheels.

Ac.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronC70
    No idea !

Was only a dyno day with no special equipment, only the operators experience.

Chris
    ok.

Adam.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Adam was the usual - bhp/tourque day similar to what we had at VT. Only you guys also had a nice little graph of the air/fuel mix too.

Hopefully as Chris said we can organise another dyno day/rr up at yours in the coming months.

Ac.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Adam was the usual - bhp/tourque day similar to what we had at VT. Only you guys also had a nice little graph of the air/fuel mix too.

Hopefully as Chris said we can organise another dyno day/rr up at yours in the coming months.

Ac.
    In the coming months, god you are brave but you are more insualted than us slimmer chaps and chapesses,
    Think April might be better lol.
    Unless Wobbley wants to do a BBQ and hot water bottles lol.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue
    I forgot to say to the guy in the Audi S2 thanks for nothing i stayed with him untill 120 behind him then i pulled into 2nd lane and followed him on his nearside, i had loads left, i was quite surprised he couldn't pull away from me.
    doh Sorry i meant S3

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

doh Sorry i meant S3
    I thought you were running pipe less......................trying to keep up with an S2.
    Engineer

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

In the coming months, god you are brave but you are more insualted than us slimmer chaps and chapesses,
    Think April might be better lol.
    Unless Wobbley wants to do a BBQ and hot water bottles lol.
    Siamblue, he couldn't drop my slush box R on the A406 and obviously thinks a longer road might do it, if not I guess having a Christmas RICA for on the way back might..........
    Engineer

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Andrew - were the quoted figs at the fly or at the wheels?

Gary - we'll defo have to have another crack at a VT dyno day - especially now they have the proper fan installed.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave
    Andrew - were the quoted figs at the fly or at the wheels?

Gary - we'll defo have to have another crack at a VT dyno day - especially now they have the proper fan installed.
    I believe PE always quote the fly figures.

Thread Information