Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Unhappy A/C compressor help?

Lol more issues...

Driving home from work on the motorway when my A/C pump decides to seize up causing my aux belt to spontaneously combust and snap... Good times...

So anyways, going to need to replace it. Just wondering if anyone has the price of a new one? I have parts cover on my breakdown policy but they only want new OEM parts obviously so trying to work out whats the best option...

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    If your talking about BRC then your best option is to just book it into the dealer. You'll be covered up to £500 inc parts labour and vat, less your £35 excess.
    Most dealers offer a 25% discount on labour charges if your car is older than 4 years too. The BRC should cover the cost of the compressor but don't expect lots of change.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks, the dealer won't take direct payment and I got burnt pretty badly the last time I used it.

Got prices this morning and I think it will end up working out cheaper if I just go down the 2nd hand route.

Anyone know if a D5 pump will fit a T5, I saw a couple of eBay listings claiming this?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I wouldn't buy a second hand compressor, it'll likely be clonky or noisy!

Not sure what you mean by 'not taking direct payment'? You pay for Volvo to do the work then claim back from AA.

It only takes about 6-10 working days to get the cheque from the AA once it's been authorised at the dealer, if you post your invoice. Best thing is to get the dealer to fax the invoice to the AA to save time with you having to post it! That way, you'll get the cheque within the week. Use your credit card to pay for it then you'll not be out of pocket. You'll have the money quick and then pay off the credit card less your £35. simples.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I wouldn't buy a second hand compressor, it'll likely be clonky or noisy!

Not sure what you mean by 'not taking direct payment'? You pay for Volvo to do the work then claim back from AA.

It only takes about 6-10 working days to get the cheque from the AA once it's been authorised at the dealer, if you post your invoice. Best thing is to get the dealer to fax the invoice to the AA to save time with you having to post it! That way, you'll get the cheque within the week. Use your credit card to pay for it then you'll not be out of pocket. You'll have the money quick and then pay off the credit card less your £35. simples.
    Yeah you would think simples, but it wasn't the last time. Had a driveshaft split on me a few years ago and it was months before I got my money back, not entirely the AAs fault, partly the dealers and whoever stole the cheque from my letterbox lol.

I don't really see much point in buying a "new" unit from Volvo when they are all refurbs anyway, it's an exhange they offer. Might as well just do the refurb myself and save at least £400.

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paddys09 View Post

Anyone know if a D5 pump will fit a T5, I saw a couple of eBay listings claiming this?
    I have a '53 S60R air con compressor on my '52 V70 D5 so I think they are all the same.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbrick For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Sunday 23rd November 2014)

Thread Information