Join Today
    Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks

Intercooler Test results - standard T5 and S60R twin vs DO88

Hi guys, here are some interesting data results comparing the standard Volvo p2 intercooler, S60R twin intercooler setup and the latest do88 performance version.

the R twin intercooler shows very little benefit over the standard single Volvo intercooler on the outlet temp test.
    basically, the single do88 intercooler provides a massive improvement over both standard setups.
    it should be noted that when installing a do88 single intercooler to the R model , the smaller second intercooler is completely removed and the centre front grille is part of it, so the hole will need some mesh or similar putting into place to prevent damage from road debris or stones onto the new intercooler (and to look better!)

discuss.........

Jamie

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Well at least the silly litte intercooler does something quite impressive really.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    I think, as the last graph shows, it's not just extra cooling, but better airflow that's provided by the R set up.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    I think, as the last graph shows, it's not just extra cooling, but better airflow that's provided by the R set up.
    I did mean birth, but surprising how much difference over the lesser t5

This user has no status

Thanks
    What was the ambient temp? LOL.

The new IC looks great I must say.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    What was the ambient temp? LOL.

The new IC looks great I must say.
    Looking at the start temps I guess around 22 ?.

This user has no status

Thanks
    IATs are raised at idle, so I doubt it but you never know.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Hopefully, when I eventually get my sodding VIDA/DICE working on my laptop, I'll be able to log my temps and post for comparison.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    i have a bulging stock intercooleron my 53 plate v70r awd so its a case of replace oem or go for a new system, can anyone advise which is easiest to install. do88 or ipd, im running a standard setup at present other than a upgraded airfiler and prins LPG system. Any advise please, im pretty handy but dont want to have to canabalise too much!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I can highly recommend a Tim Williams IC. Not cheap but is an absolute work of art, using a Swedish Core and hand made by a British engineering firm in the Midlands. Lead time is approx 4-6 aka depending on availability of the core.
    They are Front mount IC and use all original pipe work with no butchering required.
    You do need to remover the front bumper bar, but that's simple enough.
    I know this IC has been tested by Ashok and yeilded spectacular results with huge drops in IATs.

You need to contact Tim Williams for more info or he'll be along shortly to add his pounds worth.
    Can't comment on the others but I would advise you do not buy cheap chinese cores.

Knowing where the core comes from is vital. Cheap cores are prone to corrosion... apparently.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Wednesday 12th October 2016 at 02:33.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Must say more than happy with my intercooler Tim did for me very little little trimming required.
    Also he didn't remove the front crash bar to fit it but did fit a new radiator as I had a small leak .

Thread Information