Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Definitely not a step to far, if you can't be bothered I'll take it off your hands

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

T5R'ing
    Thanks
    well I had a look around it today, had a bit more time to have a snoop.

I think despite the paint being poor it can be revived, I did a small patch and it actually shines. So I'll try and coax the paintwork back into life, ultimately it should have a respray as there are so many scratches and marks on the panels its unreal. Also the wheels will need a full refurb, mainly because the paint finish has lifted off the wheels due to having the dirt and brake dust eating the finish away. I may give that a go myself.

Under the bonnet its got samco hoses and a polybush powerflex top mount, its a bit oily by the dip stick but apart from that as clean as it can be. I started it up from cold and there's no smoke billowing from the rear!

I had a look underneath and everything appears very sound, no rust to talk of, the front feels firm but the bounce test didn't reveal any issues, however it did give a creaking noise from the passenger rear, not sure what that is. It has nivomats at the back judging by the bellows I can see. I'll need to take it for a quick spin to see if can hear anything, sure there's a rattle or noise from the rear, any idea where that would come from or what it could be?

So it needs

the paint reviving
    A new drivers side indicator
    possibly a headlight switch, (it works but the instruments fade out after a while?)
    Rear tailgate trim (I have a volvo repair kit) but it needs the trim behind the stop light
    Rear speaker trim that sits on the rear pillar
    Front spoiler is damaged and cracked
    drivers side towing eye trim/grill missing
    Has a dent on the drivers side rear by the tail lights.
    Has a dent or small crease on the passenger side
    I've removed the door side trims and all seems fine under there.

Probably needs the cambelt changing and the idler pulley but I think that'll be a garage job.

Everything else appears fine considering the mileage and no history to talk of.
    850T5R accept no substitutes

T5R'ing
    Thanks
    OK I've not been around here for a while, and my apologies for this, however work and family plus house has taken over, a job change has had an impact as well, and as a result I'm not going to be able to start this (let alone finish it!). So I am reluctantly going to offer it for sale and I'll put an ad on ebay maybe tonight.

The genuine reason is I'm losing my unit that I keep my 'toys' in and with my work, stuff at home (plus I'm part of a senior rowing quad that's competing this year) I've literally run out of time. I think I'll have the unit till end of March and with the winter league we've been competing in ending around this time this will be my cut off date.

So we've done little apart from clean it and the paint does respond well. I can't put an ad on here as I don't have enough posts to qualify, so I'll place a link to the ad when its done.

Sad, sad, sad. But things change.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
    OK I've not been around here for a while, and my apologies for this, however work and family plus house has taken over, a job change has had an impact as well, and as a result I'm not going to be able to start this (let alone finish it!). So I am reluctantly going to offer it for sale and I'll put an ad on ebay maybe tonight.

The genuine reason is I'm losing my unit that I keep my 'toys' in and with my work, stuff at home (plus I'm part of a senior rowing quad that's competing this year) I've literally run out of time. I think I'll have the unit till end of March and with the winter league we've been competing in ending around this time this will be my cut off date.

So we've done little apart from clean it and the paint does respond well. I can't put an ad on here as I don't have enough posts to qualify, so I'll place a link to the ad when its done.

Sad, sad, sad. But things change.
    You only need 75 post to place an ad, so you have more than enough. Sorry to hear you won't be able to continue with this project.

T5R'ing
    Thanks
    are great thanks, the ad is here :-(

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...970#post758970

I'm a bit miffed but maybe I knew this was going to happen sooner than later.
    Last edited by Andy G; Sunday 8th February 2015 at 10:45.

Thread Information