Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy v70 throttle body etm swapping?

Hi all, my v70 has been off the road for a while, I've replaced the engine and in the process of the car being moved I've lost my throttle body, it's running rica stage 2 and I'm told it will have to be returned to standard? Is this true?
    I have a donor car with a remapped ecu and all the parts can I take the full setup from that and put it in mine?
    Obviously then the ecu number will match the throttle body.
    Or am I wrong and I'm looking at an expensive time either way??
    In desperate for help

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Hi everyone, I'm ????? From ?????

Come on dude, we don't bite, an introduction wouldn't hurt.

That aside, what year is your car? From 2003 onwards, they're plug n play, the earlier ones are interchangeable providing the numbers match. You won't lose the map.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm ????? From ?????

Come on dude, we don't bite, an introduction wouldn't hurt.

That aside, what year is your car? From 2003 onwards, they're plug n play, the earlier ones are interchangeable providing the numbers match. You won't lose the map.
    Sorry guys, I'm bobby, I'm from Malvern Worcestershire.
    It's a 1999 v70 and was done by rica (hlm)
    It was running stage 2 and had had a etm software reload at the same time as that. Was told if I didn't use my exact throttle I would have to return it to standard.
    I tried to get the replacement part number off them but they couldn't or wouldn't tell me.
    It had a throttle upgrade (presumably to a 3" from a 2.5)
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    The throttle upgrade would have been just a software update, unless someone finally managed to get a Bosch one working on an early engine. All ME7 cars are 3" throttle any way.

Providing you replace the ETM with one off the same model and year (with almost matching codes) then you can plug it in, leave the car idling for a bit and it'll sort itself out. I can't see why you'd need to reset the map.

A member called "Deathrider" knows a lot about these ETMs and swapping them about. Hopefully, he'll be along to confirm/deny what I've said.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    The throttle upgrade would have been just a software update, unless someone finally managed to get a Bosch one working on an early engine. All ME7 cars are 3" throttle any way.

Providing you replace the ETM with one off the same model and year (with almost matching codes) then you can plug it in, leave the car idling for a bit and it'll sort itself out. I can't see why you'd need to reset the map.

A member called "Deathrider" knows a lot about these ETMs and swapping them about. Hopefully, he'll be along to confirm/deny what I've said.
    Okay if death rider could get in touch that would be amazing, I really don't want it to have to go back standard.
    Haven't got the dollar for another map :/

Thanks
    If you already paid for the map on that car, most tuners will flash it again for the price of labor.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Thread Information