Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    I thought it was, as the map sensors are changed for the psi increase. Just got the car to near enough a place to map it, I'll either have to wait for Shem or approach Hilton.

But been working on the gul (now finished) and olive 855r (5% left to do) to keep me busy.

Got to tear my klracing intercooler apart too once nicci is back at work, to get it too fit.

No mate map sensors on the R's are 3 bar. The internal workings of the ECU are limited to 2550hpa absolute though., without my tech that is, then it becomes 5 bar lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Tuesday 25th August 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Which way are you going with the turbo? Just off the shelf gt35 or something.
    Nothing has been planned yet mate just one thing 500 horses.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    No mate map sensors on the R's are 3 bar. The internal workings of the ECU are limited to 2550hpa absolute though., without my tech that is, then it becomes 5 bar lol
    Tbh I not go any further than the map, but I'll be looking at buying a polestar once they drop in price (which they're doing nicely) in about 18 months.

Update on your own project as no need to be a stranger and hope your health improves, if you fancy a holiday you could always come to Gothenburg lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    So plan is to use it as a project car for ShemTek, it's perfect for this, 49k cracked CEM codes etc, will be closed desk, RS4 maf, etc etc.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Tbh I not go any further than the map, but I'll be looking at buying a polestar once they drop in price (which they're doing nicely) in about 18 months.

Update on your own project as no need to be a stranger and hope your health improves, if you fancy a holiday you could always come to Gothenburg lol

Thanks for the welcome but know my health issues was mostly due to the ££££ on T5D5 if I m honest, and not something I want to repeat mate. I am literally popping in for a bit.

Since we're on the subject I feel aweful for days when I fall out with someone. I just need peace
    Last edited by Dream3r; Tuesday 25th August 2015 at 01:07.

This user has no status

Thanks
    So plan is to use it as a project car for ShemTek, it's perfect for this, 49k cracked CEM codes etc, will be closed desk, RS4 maf, etc etc.
    Just to re-iterate, Shem's a good chap, goes out of his way a lot (like a lot o Volvo people). I try and keep your hard earned cash in the UK with good nearby support, that's my opinion.

It shouldn't take him long to get uhe o she i a veryp-to speed, I might need to code some new shizzle for him but so be it.

The new prty will have a good opportunity to pretty much own EU and USA I would thought for ME7, the disassemble literally is gold in the right hands, assuming he or she can make the time, he, or she is a very good tuner imo.

I was going to release a free limited tuning tool just b4 it ll kicked off, then though no, sod it, people will end up using it on Sundays and charging for their time not right i thought. But now I think why not but it's too late.
    Last edited by Dream3r; Tuesday 25th August 2015 at 01:19.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Hello mate sorry to here about ur health but keep popping in from time to time and I don't really go on t5d5 that much ether .

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    Hello mate sorry to here about ur health but keep popping in from time to time and I don't really go on t5d5 that much ether .
    Thanks mate, I guess I'll be getting the 'victim car treatment' over there, havent looked, peole say it's dyin though? would be a pity.

Apologies for the spelling etc, serious painkillers, the meds they gave me done me in.

The drug they gave me was sertraline, poison to me up till 4m evey night, anxiety, off work, no moey, blah. ££££e. But I ££££ you not, I actually prayed last night (I don't normally do that) and got a blinding offer and virtual handshake today.!

I'd have a drink bit can't lol
    Last edited by Dream3r; Tuesday 25th August 2015 at 01:24.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanks mate, I guess I'll be getting the 'victim car treatment' over there, havent looked, peole say it's dyin though? would be a pity.

Apologies for the spelling etc, serious painkillers, the meds they gave me done me in.
    Don't sweat the spelling, I'm banned from t5d5, seems all the best are lol and a right of passage.

I'll speak with Shem regards a map at some point, good to know its gonna be possible to do.

My needs will be simple, Map and unrestricted box.

Quick question does the map quicken throttle response as in sport it's too slow from a stand still for me, you can def feel box being held back.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sometimes I wish I was wiser at the social side of the business, I just continued on like a punter, lesson there for someone!

Don't get me wrong it was a great project, and I feel great for defeating ME7.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Don't sweat the spelling, I'm banned from t5d5, seems all the best are lol and a right of passage.

I'll speak with Shem regards a map at some point, good to know its gonna be possible to do.

My needs will be simple, Map and unrestricted box.

Quick question does the map quicken throttle response as in sport it's too slow from a stand still for me, you can def feel box being held back.
    Yeah I await tee lawyer ££££ so have said enough but I can and will help him, he deserves it and a dyno! I personally know both parties and love them both equally but I plead with you lot, ShemTek should get off the ground for ME7, it will be good for the UK volvo community imo.

What you get banned for? Annoying Ben, best thing is I'm not banned there just some psychotic when I login, well at least there was way back. For the record I preferred it to here, not sure why, turned ugly fast though when some truths were told. I've probably managed to insult both forums i one paragraph there, new record! Seriously though what was it for>?
    Last edited by Dream3r; Tuesday 25th August 2015 at 01:44.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Have to point out the auto bit, I found the fix, but as of yet I am not sure it's in any IP sale. So can't guarantee I can help him with that one, IPD doesn't even know it lol, stating "not possible", so obv it has a LOT of value, especially in the states.

There's a thread on swedespeed with me speaking to Ron about it iirc, it's all about first gear low boost, and yes a bar is possible in 1st I've done it in Sarasota recently.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Have to point out the auto bit, I found the fix, but as of yet I am not sure it's in any IP sale. So can't guarantee I can help him with that one, IPD doesn't even know it lol, stating "not possible", so obv it has a LOT of value, especially in the states.

There's a thread on swedespeed with me speaking to Ron about it iirc, it's all about first gear low boost, and yes a bar is possible in 1st I've done it in Sarasota recently.
    It certainly feels like low boost in 1st and 2nd, but still boosts well on the gauge almost like the ignition is retarding. Hopefully it's something Shem will be able to remove, as its very annoying.

Did you ever mess with the haldex parameters? As there is a really interesting thread about reducing understeer and how a tech from haldex did so on a test car.

This user has no status

Thanks
    right ok lads, prob ore than enough said whilst on opiates lol

Have fun

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Tuesday 25th August 2015),smithy (Tuesday 25th August 2015),twr (Tuesday 25th August 2015)

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Hope you're OK John, sorry it went this way.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Good luck, hope it comes off for you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Tuesday 8th September 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    It certainly feels like low boost in 1st and 2nd, but still boosts well on the gauge almost like the ignition is retarding. Hopefully it's something Shem will be able to remove, as its very annoying.

Did you ever mess with the haldex parameters? As there is a really interesting thread about reducing understeer and how a tech from haldex did so on a test car.

Yeah there is a limiter there which I keep saying is there, everyone else don't listen.

Anyway, I'm on the mend! Hopefully can work next week after 3 months or so, ffff me it been horrid.

Haldex - yes I got loads of info and started work but it was very complex code to follow and I got ill so it stopped. I can flash/read/change some stuff though I should be able to sort it on my CaR when it's done.

The boost issue isn't timing (unless it's a non standard map and it's horrid) it's basically a cap on load which reduces torque aka boost.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosser View Post
    Hope you're OK John, sorry it went this way.

On the mend finally mate, if anyone you know gets offered SETRALINE on the NHS tell them they better run, and fast lol.

Zero meds now back to work on Monday, got papers though from lawyers for sale so all good, no more set backs and maybe looking at Ford next, as a hobby though.

Hope you're ok Nick

This user has no status

Thanks
    My spelling was awful when I was messed up lol but it seems I kept my head, thanks for the kind replies guys.

Peace & Goodbye.

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Glad you are on the mend John, Good luck with everything... I hope it has a COSWORTH badge on the ford??

Thread Information