Join Today
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    Glad you are on the mend John, Good luck with everything... I hope it has a COSWORTH badge on the ford??
    Bosworth tuners are 10 a penny, with his Volvo knowledge, I'm guessing MkII Focus ST/RS.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Yeah there is a limiter there which I keep saying is there, everyone else don't listen.

Anyway, I'm on the mend! Hopefully can work next week after 3 months or so, ffff me it been horrid.

Haldex - yes I got loads of info and started work but it was very complex code to follow and I got ill so it stopped. I can flash/read/change some stuff though I should be able to sort it on my CaR when it's done.

The boost issue isn't timing (unless it's a non standard map and it's horrid) it's basically a cap on load which reduces torque aka boost.
    Glad your on the mend and maybe let us know how you get on if you alter the haldex (impressive if you can alter it, doing the un-doable again lol)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

smithy (Wednesday 9th September 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Glad your on the mend and maybe let us know how you get on if you alter the haldex (impressive if you can alter it, doing the un-doable again lol)

If you're going thru hell, keep on walking.... To me means nothing is impossible (amongst the obvious), that's Churchill BTW....

Yes Haldex played with....we may well see the most powerful R in the UK but details are under wraps......and with ShemTek.

Either that or it's going back to K24 Stage 2 dream3R map which was effing quick anyway.

That's the tech sale done Mr Hilton is now the sole owner of the flash/read/datalogging software and a lot more....the site has an announcement.

I've went and ordered a new white Golf R Estate DSG lol, no plans to mod it just going to use it as a daily.

Might buy an older Volvo too hence me being here.

Peace

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

martin_r_smith (Saturday 19th September 2015),NECC (Saturday 19th September 2015),stribo (Saturday 19th September 2015),Yosser (Saturday 19th September 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Once my next round of mods are complete I will be in touch, as my car has been previously mapped but think something fresh to suit the new mods maybe the best way to go

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NECC View Post
    Once my next round of mods are complete I will be in touch, as my car has been previously mapped but think something fresh to suit the new mods maybe the best way to go
    I no longer provide that service mate, read the thread.

John.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I no longer provide that service mate, read the thread.

John.
    No worries John

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NECC View Post
    No worries John
    No worries mate, what car you got and mods? I've actually gotta go your way soon. I can still do the odd map if i suits but will pick and choose depending if I have files ready.

John.

This user has no status

Thanks
    No worries mate, what car you got and mods? I've actually gotta go your way soon. I can still do the odd map if i suits but will pick and choose depending if I have files ready.

John.
    Here`s my build thread John

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...My-Volvo-V70-R

Cheers Shaun

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll have a read tomorrow.

Thanks mate.

This user has no status

Thanks
    actually I am done mapping on reflection mate sorry for the misdirection

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi chaps I was alerted to a misguided post of the other forum

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/29784-a...s/#entry292207

As you can see he's twisted my words, I didn't want to sell my 5 BAR mod map but he pleaded....I gave it to him on the condition that it would be locked to his car.... he agreed. Also several of DR Ashock Paul's points are wrong or misguided maliciously, not good. Too many Singapore MTE clones for him perhaps?

To make it clear to old customers this apply's only to my 5 BAR ECU which ran faultless on my car and hen Dave ignored me I stopped working with him RIP Dave

Pyapp if you read this, look at how VAG tuners do it, mine is simple compared........

(Dave's car was running out of fuel on greens with his old map)

No scaremongering Jack, once it went to ECM-TECH (not you) there is a simpler set of Routines to protect the car, investment etc. I'll laugh out loud if it ever happens.

It's actually safer than rivals, some disable checksums on ROM and RAM!?!!?!?

Jack, FWIW before Pyapp and V70Ben got on their high horse a tool was going to be released free, well that ship sailed....

It's not difficult to flash over can.....no need to bench.

oh I Shem can do an ECU for £120 iirc not £700 and I'm sure he'll be p and CUSTOM mapping ME7 soon. It's stuff like this that got me diagnosed with GAD and made me close the site.

Sad but someone will need to do it again as it was torpedoed

To summarise ECM-TECH customers only should worry if the ECU is read and tampered with (i.e. Modified), a Volvo reload or stock flash will not trigger anything, it was put in place to protect my time spent.

e.g. Jack if he modified my file later on (much more advanced work, map switching etc) then he'd have a problem lol

ECM-TECH support is handled by Hilton Tuning.

Lastly Dave could of flashed thee stock map on his car FFS, it would have got him home, but it wasn't the ECU.

Dr Ashok Paul yo should be ashamed at that post threat my backside. Bye guys. Never logging in again. Was you not the one who fried a T4 ECU map and had to put someone up in a Hotel? hahahaha
    Last edited by Santa; Friday 4th December 2015 at 13:20. Reason: Merging of posts

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    You've lost the ££££ing plot John. I've tried to stay as impartial as I possibly could. But bringing Daves name into it a week after we buried him, it is you that should be ashamed. I'm thoroughly ££££ed off now.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

don kalmar union (Friday 4th December 2015),Harvey (Friday 4th December 2015),Jamest5r (Friday 4th December 2015),Nealevo (Friday 4th December 2015),Redbrick (Friday 4th December 2015),stephenevans99 (Friday 4th December 2015)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    John, I think you need to step back or something, I have to agree with Chris about the taste in which this comes across.You are obviously stressed but given recent events and that you aren't operating in this arena now it may be better to adopt the position of limiting advice to those that already have the map.

What they shouldn't do to ensure their cars still work?
    What they should look to do if they wish to purchase a map from an alternative vendor?

After that, the thread can be closed as the product is no longer available.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

Chad (Friday 4th December 2015),Harvey (Friday 4th December 2015),Jamest5r (Friday 4th December 2015),LeeT5 (Sunday 10th January 2016),Nealevo (Friday 4th December 2015),Pinup_gal (Friday 4th December 2015),Redbrick (Friday 4th December 2015),S70T5Chris (Friday 4th December 2015),Yosser (Saturday 5th December 2015)

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    We buried Dave last Wednesday after watching him waste away for months living in constant pain unless he was dosed up to his eyeballs on morphine.

Members of the Volvo community traveled the length of the country to see him off and pay their respects to his family.

You have the gall to bring up his name now when he can't defend himself.

Utterly despicable.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbrick For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Saturday 5th December 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    You've lost the ££££ing plot John. I've tried to stay as impartial as I possibly could. But bringing Daves name into it a week after we buried him, it is you that should be ashamed. I'm thoroughly ££££ed off now.
    Is it possible he doesn't know?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 850 View Post
    Is it possible he doesn't know?
    No, absolutely not. John is/was very aware.

££££ing sickens me.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

22. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

mike 850 (Saturday 5th December 2015)

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    John, I think you need to step back or something, I have to agree with Chris about the taste in which this comes across.You are obviously stressed but given recent events and that you aren't operating in this arena now it may be better to adopt the position of limiting advice to those that already have the map.

What they should look to do if they wish to purchase a map from an alternative vendor?

Please just close this thread.

The OP obviously has mental health issues - he mentions GAD - or he wouldn't have written such a narcissistic & offensive post above. It serves neither the forum, Dave's memory or Dream3r's reputation to continue this farce of a remap thread that has just degenerated into a mudslinging extravaganza any longer.

I'm sure if people have technical queries they can reach ECM/Dream3r through other media.... I quite frankly am sick of hearing about this failed mapping business and the fallout from it, on this or any other forum.

Morgan

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

martin_r_smith (Saturday 5th December 2015),Nealevo (Saturday 5th December 2015),smithy (Saturday 5th December 2015),Yosser (Saturday 5th December 2015)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post

The OP obviously has mental health issues - he mentions GAD - or he wouldn't have written such a narcissistic & offensive post above. It serves neither the forum, Dave's memory or Dream3r's reputation to continue this farce of a remap thread that has just degenerated into a mudslinging extravaganza any longer.

I'm sure if people have technical queries they can reach ECM/Dream3r through other media.... I quite frankly am sick of hearing about this failed mapping business and the fallout from it, on this or any other forum.

Morgan
    The thread would have been closed if it weren't for the confusion I have around this "protection" that is apparently part of this map. If a previous customer has bought a map and wants to replace that map (either with a Volvo Stock or alternative supplier map) what is the procedure?

From experience, I had to have my car flashed back to standard when my DEM unit was replaced, the previous map I had did not work but the vendor adjusted the map to work. Without support, other users may seek alternatives if they find themselves in a similar situation.

Hopefully a response to this can be made and then this thread can be closed.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status

Thanks

££££ing sickens me.

I wasn't aware mate, not until peacy broke the car, where does this info come from? I'll except a phone call to sort this out chief it's not on. No phone call then well it's fabricated by you I think, or someone close.

The thread would have been closed if it weren't for the confusion I have around this "protection" that is apparently part of this map. If a previous customer has bought a map and wants to replace that map (either with a Volvo Stock or alternative supplier map) what is the procedure?

From experience, I had to have my car flashed back to standard when my DEM unit was replaced, the previous map I had did not work but the vendor adjusted the map to work. Without support, other users may seek alternatives if they find themselves in a similar situation.

Hopefully a response to this can be made and then this thread can be closed.

It's already answered weeks ago http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post792522

I'll cut an past and paste the long story

My post was heavily edited so I decided not to reply for a bit.

I sold the IP, it it/was in a previous post, I notice the good Dr has got of my back exasperating long term mental conditions can get you in hot water being Gp/Surgeon...................

As I originally posted MULTIPLE TIMES and ANG Tim several and explained via email it was only the dev ecu that the said person begged me for the dev map, since then several email and posts have been badky aktered I(YES I took a screenshot) emails and posts were changed, pretty heartless to be honest, the spare dev ecu one of in (existence)was protected to he high hilt and there was only one of them outside my possession. He begged fo it unfinnishd sadly, booked hotels and forced himself into the situation.

The older map was running out of fuel as most know christ a 2.4 I mapped to 250 ish bhp as running out of the comfortt zone with VXR's so ported head, R = = GREENS === NOOOOOOOOOO

Lesson to be learnt, check your hardware (as asked), and follow instructions or it would not have happened. The VAG/Bosch reports are shocking on the former map btw, at a guess 15 degrees knock retard would be normal possibly causing his unfixed oil leak. runnig ou of fuel, to much boost and timing silly. The k24 expired I remember.

To summarise ECM-TECH sole trader tunes (gone for now but NEVER volvo again) are protected from reading and copying [b] but owner can get a Volvo reload or a full flash with no issues at Volvo[b] or simply using my slash tool lol Shark....MTE ask Ben Don as their softloaders may work different.....

Reading or modifying my calibrations is protected was in the infamous T+C's witch iPD have funny enough. (USA MTE DEALER LOL)

I can't answer specific questions on that (the non dev ECUs) as I sold the IP but it's safe and tested on a lots of ECU's/Car's. inc Volvo reload. 100's in USA.

This isn't unusual look a vag they're worse lol so don't worry.

@Chris feel free to call me instead of keyboard ranting mate I'll set you straight.

About me I've dropped from near 18st in may to 12 stone now and expect to get dianosed with severe depression on my next GP visit.

That's the truth chaps. Private therapist the hole lot since this started (from both ends).

@Santa I previously stated (unless that was deleted as well) that all support transferred to Hilton Tuning in USA.

I'm working on VAG B4 S4, what hoot, oh and the mrs turned out to be a sneak with the men ... bad year...

Let hope this one is better eh.

All the best chaps, once last bit of advice most of my posts pertaining to ECM-ECH have been altered so take it with a pinch of salt (I am lol) I have screens of before and after. Sad really.

Cya I'm still working on me7 but custom code for VAG Tricore will be a test of my iQ for sure.

Here's me know to prove it

John

££££ing sickens me.

Bang out of order mate I WAS NOT AWARE UNTIL iirc 10 days before, you're a troll if you don't ring tomorrow. I have plenty proof mate.

It was peacy/or shem that told me I have my phone bills at work.

TBH you sicken me for thinking that mate, you been played I think, you have good heart.

All questions anwsered (twice) Santa, finished editing my posts? Close the thread sir.

Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Bosworth tuners are 10 a penny, with his Volvo knowledge, I'm guessing MkII Focus ST/RS.
    I have all the file bu went B8 S4 intsead mate 500 bhp ish mapped lol

If only you knew half mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post

Morgan
    It din't fail I sold it

Haldex is done mate, not UK though e refuses to work for the british now. And Some other Malaysian countries.

I'm tring to get it like my b8 taking time.

And no it will not be public worth to much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SUPPORT IS FULLY TRANSFERRED To HiTON for TWO YEARS

I did an early -04 tcu shift speed pattern, etc, it requires valves and software imo leave it.

Hi chaps I was alerted to a misguided post of the other forum

As you can see he's twisted my words, I didn't want to sell my 5 BAR mod map but he pleaded....I gave it to him on the condition that it would be locked to his car.... he agreed. Also several of DR Ashock Paul's points are wrong or misguided maliciously, not good. Too many Singapore MTE clones for him perhaps?

To make it clear to old customers this apply's only to my 5 BAR ECU which ran faultless on my car and hen Dave ignored me I stopped working with him RIP Dave

Pyapp if you read this, look at how VAG tuners do it, mine is simple compared........

(Dave's car was running out of fuel on greens with his old map)

No scaremongering Jack, once it went to ECM-TECH (not you) there is a simpler set of Routines to protect the car, investment etc. I'll laugh out loud if it ever happens.

It's actually safer than rivals, some disable checksums on ROM and RAM!?!!?!?

Jack, FWIW before Pyapp and V70Ben got on their high horse a tool was going to be released free, well that ship sailed....

It's not difficult to flash over can.....no need to bench.

oh I Shem can do an ECU for £120 iirc not £700 and I'm sure he'll be p and CUSTOM mapping ME7 soon. It's stuff like this that got me diagnosed with GAD and made me close the site.

Sad but someone will need to do it again as it was torpedoed

To summarise ECM-TECH customers only should worry if the ECU is read and tampered with (i.e. Modified), a Volvo reload or stock flash will not trigger anything, it was put in place to protect my time spent.

e.g. Jack if he modified my file later on (much more advanced work, map switching etc) then he'd have a problem lol

ECM-TECH support is handled by Hilton Tuning.

Lastly Dave could of flashed thee stock map on his car FFS, it would have got him home, but it wasn't the ECU.

Dr Ashok Paul yo should be ashamed at that post threat my backside. Bye guys. Never logging in again. Was you not the one who fried a T4 ECU map and had to put someone up in a Hotel? hahahaha

I forget jack you were the first recipient, feel free to send it back I'll undo it for you assuming the counters look normal, but I guess you're gonna have a few R's in liverpool that wont start randomly from what I hear

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/29784-a...s/#entry292207 ££££££££.

I'll be reporting you to the NHS DR Ashock Paul I'm sure they'll tak a dim look look at this. Medical licences are they hard to come by?

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbrick View Post
    We buried Dave last Wednesday after watching him waste away for months living in constant pain unless he was dosed up to his eyeballs on morphine.

Members of the Volvo community traveled the length of the country to see him off and pay their respects to his family.

You have the gall to bring up his name now when he can't defend himself.

Utterly despicable.
    I had no clue other than he died mate I've got the stones to bring anything up tinterwebb or face to face buddy just lmk ok ! I'll have you in three scentaces either way
    Last edited by Santa; Sunday 3rd January 2016 at 10:27. Reason: Merged posts

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Well, this seems to have descended into the ramblings of a mad man. And to make it worse, he can't use multi quote.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

claymore (Sunday 3rd January 2016),Dream3r (Sunday 3rd January 2016),S70T5Chris (Sunday 3rd January 2016),Shinsplintz 101 (Sunday 3rd January 2016),stephenevans99 (Sunday 3rd January 2016)

Thread Information