After a little advice really.

I'm slightly bored of my current car (2008 Mondeo 1.8TDCi Titanium now complete with 145k on the clock) which I've had for nearly 3 years.

I keep going through phases of wanting a new car and not doing anything about it.
Issue is my Missus wants me to downsize or get something a little less 'old man' and I would like something with more than 4 cylinders before the eco hippies reduce everything to 3 cylinders and an electric motor.

I was thinking of a Focus ST but doing 20-30k per annum means getting an LPG conversion.

My Father used to have a V50 T5 R-Deisgn but it only ever had useless Pirelli P Zero tyres which couldn't handle the power and as a result I never really liked driving that car, it never really inspired me to put the power down because most of the time it couldn't.

I never realised that the D5 engine was available in the little C30 and I am starting to think it would be a nice compromise. If a little small.

I'm stopping off at Bristol on my way back from a meeting in Reading tommorow to take a look at one.

I was wondering if anyone knows how reliable they are? Did Volvo ever sort out the oil dilution issue after?
Although I'll be getting a full stage 1 remap with an EGR & DPF delete I would still like to know if it's likely to have done any damage in the past.

What sort of fuel economy do they get?
If I could get 45-50mpg I'd be more than happy!

How reliable are they in general?
Do you hear of many turbo/injector failures? Obviously there is the standard DMF that you get with every diesel these days.

Also, timing chain or a belt?

Bailes.