Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Nice & clean, I saw this car at the York meet, in good nick and looking better now. Decals good too

Swede demon
    Thanks
    thanks jamesy. the decals were always a mixed bag. six of one like um n half of a dozen dont but i like them so . will say that S70R of yours looked epic at the york meet. but this project seems to be getting somewhere now. its not the bag of bolts i originally bought anyway. just need a sticky caliper sorted and some other bits i wanna replace then the performance fun can begin
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hemihusky For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Sunday 15th March 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihusky View Post
    thanks jamesy. the decals were always a mixed bag. six of one like um n half of a dozen dont but i like them so . will say that S70R of yours looked epic at the york meet. but this project seems to be getting somewhere now. its not the bag of bolts i originally bought anyway. just need a sticky caliper sorted and some other bits i wanna replace then the performance fun can begin
    I like them. Not sure what other combination of colours would work but your grey on black looks good. Maybe black on white (ooer) would be OK too if a bit 80's

Thanks fella...the S70R is nice although there's not much work I can claim as my own - all down to previous owner Yosser. I'm just trying not to make it worse it's going to Croft hopefully it will come back the same shape....

Swede demon
    Thanks
    i was tempted by white but i thought it may be too bold and in your face so settled for some metalic grey. but when i wanna upgrade to ap's its obiously gonna have to come off propus's as they dont fit under. and ive been looking at white pegs like this V70 below.

nice dont think ill do any track days this year but maybe next year when its all fixed up n running right. n wheres the fun if it all goes right eh? need at least something to go squiffy then you can spend 9 hours swearing at it to fix it =P

Name:  1181.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  647.2 KB
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Yep grey is a better choice over white. About track days...if it goes, it goes....I just think better to bugger it up on the track than the road)

Swede demon
    Thanks
    oh yeah lot better on the track than the road =) i may take mine to one this year just for the experience money depending of corse. may have a clear out soon as i got a set of spare blue injectors door handles air box's n a whole hoast of other crap i dont need. may be able to get enough for a tank of fuel =P
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihusky View Post
    oh yeah lot better on the track than the road =) i may take mine to one this year just for the experience money depending of corse. may have a clear out soon as i got a set of spare blue injectors door handles air box's n a whole hoast of other crap i dont need. may be able to get enough for a tank of fuel =P
    It is good experience, you don't need to try and beat everything just turn up & have a go. Pm'd about the injectors btw

Swede demon
    Thanks
    so lil update mainly for looks n such i got myself some 302 caliper hangers off biff as the caliper on mine decided to start sticking so figured if im doing that area anyway why not go bigger? with braded lines n such. i took the car to fast show at the weekend n promptly ****ED up my splitter taking the bumper n arch liner with it sadly so thats on the fix list. ah well ££££ happens i guess hafta wait for TC to become free n make me another splitter.

but the main this is ive bought my new wheels. these are RH ZW1's genuine racing hart wheels that were used on the retro porshes i think? found these cheap already in 5x108 and they are way better than expected! no kerbing or paint blemeshes at all! jus want some chrome plated split bolts n with some new tires will be ready to be stuck on the car!

new caliper hangers

buggered splitter

my new wheels

close up detail

some lovely polished dish. need the bolts doing though!

awaiting install

made in germany no reps here

stamp of approval!

ET35 gonna be a tight fit!

and already got spigots in. gonna measure these n if they are 65.1 im gonna laugh

The Scrapyard Saved 740

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Nice wheels, I had them on my golf mk2 vr6 supercharged. They used to be very sought after and expensive

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Very nice I used to have rh cup raiders on my mk2 golf any moons ago they were good strong wheels

The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks
    They're going to look awesome Husky, I think I'm going to regret not buying them myself

Have you actually ordered new bolts yet? I reckon some gold or black bolts would look good

Swede demon
    Thanks
    they seem extremely light! compaired to say my titans or specially my propus! but i thought this too. usualy sought after. i paid £300 for those 4 and they are like fresh refurbs after some scrubbing! gonna stick some chrome bolts on them and i got some genuine chrome metal RH center caps comming soon (one of the reasons i got um so cheap) and nice they are already in 5x108 =)
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Swede demon
    Thanks
    debating atm davey. chrome or black
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Swede demon
    Thanks
    right sadly this project has come to a close. for now. its just costing too much as a daily £400 a month insurance is killer. so ive bought a new daily still a ovlov but you will see the project for that come up soon when i have descent pics uploaded
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    shame but that is too much to be paying out. Nice wheels btw

Thread Information