Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks all for your help, i should be picking my flywheel up this saturday from ttv, going for the m90 gearbox fitment flywheel that takes the 850r clutch, i'm really not keen to put a paddle clutch in, everyone i no that has had one or fitted one says there just awful for road use, i do intend to drive the car fairly hard but surly the 850r clutch should be quite a good match

i should be putting my clutch and flywheel in on the 8th, will try and get on here and let you no how it goes,

again, thanks for all the help

Våga Vägra 16V
    Thanks
    Good luck. Mine didn't take long to slip, but then Smithy's lasted years...car hasn't been on the road for year though..lol

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jks For This Useful Post:

barkster1971 (Saturday 27th December 2014),smithy (Thursday 30th October 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    good luck with this mate, i will be doing the same thing for about a 300hp setup in the next few week, although i will be using a dog dish flywheel because i already have one that was in my 360, let us know how you get on. i take it the 850r is the better of the standard clutches you can use?

cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    just so i'm clear, by look of it, you took the rubber boot off that slave cylinder, unthreaded the standard pushrod and threaded in some threaded rod with an adjustable bit on the end, again cheers everyone

Våga Vägra 16V
    Thanks
    Cut the std rod in half, better to cut it towards fork end, so adjustable part will not rip the rubber boot at cylinder end.
    thread M6 bar in to it, with nuts to lock bar is place. fit and adjust to Your liking.
    If You need more pics, PM me Your email address and I'l take some.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jks For This Useful Post:

chazz.stockham (Tuesday 4th November 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    sorry to jump in on someone elses thread but while everyones on about it and it saves another thread about this,
    dose anyone have the part number for for the best clutch setup to use with a dog dish flywheel+m90 box? i know it needs to be 20 splines and 228 mm? but what bearing should be used?
    i was looking at this on volvo forums, was going to go for option 2 but the part numbers dont seem to work and dosent say anything about the release bearing?

copied from volvo forums
    "And there are two easy clutch options:

(All parts are interchangeable between the two options)

Option #1:
    Standard 940TDi clutch setup. Good for ~400NM.
    Clutch disc 940TDi, organic, 20 splines, 228mm, Sachs p/n: 1862 468 031
    Pressure plate, stock, 228mm, Sachs p/n: 3082 204 033

Option #2:
    Custom clutch setup. Good for a little over 450NM.
    Clutch disc 850GLT, organic, 20 splines, 228mm, Sachs p/n: 1862 314 032
    Pressure plate, strengthened/performance, 228mm, Sachs p/n: 3082 999 763

If you want even more clamping force, use the pressure plate I mentioned above together with one of the following clutches:

Clutch disc 850GLT, organic race, 20 splines, 228mm, Sachs p/n: 1864 999 996
    (Will hold a little over 510NM)

Clutch disc 850GLT, sintered, 20 splines, 228mm, Sachs p/n: 1864 999 993
    (Will hold a little over 580NM)"

can anyone help please? sorry again for the hijack just got a little confused now and really need to order my clutch asap

cheers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    It's a td clutch mate off the turbo intercooler diesel but the one fitted with the m90.what power u running

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've now done this and when i did it i ran into the problem of release bearings, i used the cage from my old spent 940 release bearing and fitted it to the brand new 850R bearing making one good releasing bearing out of two, all you need is a small flat blade screwdriver, its easy, you just have to be careful not to over-stretch the metal straps on the cage of the release bearing when removing it.

you will also defiantly make the pushrod 20mm longer, i tried my standard one just out of interest and it wouldn't completely disengage the clutch properly so i couldn't get it in gear, made a brand new adjustable pushrod and set it to exactly 20mm more than standard (100mm in total) and it works like a dream

good luck, hope this helps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chazz.stockham For This Useful Post:

wiganer31 (Wednesday 19th November 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    It's a td clutch mate off the turbo intercooler diesel but the one fitted with the m90.what power u running
    the clutch i need is a td one? i was gonna go for the stronger option because i dont wanna have to do the clutch again for a while, im aiming for about 300hp with a 16/19t and supporting mods, engines in bits atm while i do the head, timing belt kit, clutch/flywheel etc, will be put back together in the next few days but just need the clutch before it goes back in

cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chazz.stockham View Post
    I've now done this and when i did it i ran into the problem of release bearings, i used the cage from my old spent 940 release bearing and fitted it to the brand new 850R bearing making one good releasing bearing out of two, all you need is a small flat blade screwdriver, its easy, you just have to be careful not to over-stretch the metal straps on the cage of the release bearing when removing it.

you will also defiantly make the pushrod 20mm longer, i tried my standard one just out of interest and it wouldn't completely disengage the clutch properly so i couldn't get it in gear, made a brand new adjustable pushrod and set it to exactly 20mm more than standard (100mm in total) and it works like a dream

good luck, hope this helps
    cheers mate that helps alot, so is the push rod threaded inside?

cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    I run the TTV flywheel and 850R clutch combo, it started to slip after about 2000 miles. No Idea what power or torque but it seemed to happen after a couple of accidental 30psi spikes on my GT3082. Had been running at 20psi for about a year (2000 miles) good enough for 0-100 in 12 seconds so I'm guessing 300ish HP.

This user has no status

Thanks
    hi how much are the ttv flywheels for the 850r clutch please ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    I enquires a bit ago I think they were something like £270-300. Hopefully getting one myself in the next month or two, does anyone know how much lighter the ttv flywheels are? I'd there much difference in Rev response?

Våga Vägra 16V
    Thanks
    weight difference to std dual mass is HUGE!!
    rev response is lot better, with 850R clutch, pedal feel is same..if not lighter.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice can't wait to get one, I'm itching to bolt on all my power mods but the clutch is slipping as is so no point yet

Thread Information