Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

aftermarket keyless entry

Ok, more than likely some of you have aftermarket keyless entry systems on your 850`s and may of installed them yourselves.
    Because the range on the factory systems is pretty poor and tempremental on my car, Im planning to DIY install an aftermarket keyless system(undecided on which brand).
    question is, I have read countless contradictory stories regarding the "nightmare" of the lack of "lock" function that people have encountered. It seems people can get the system to unlock but not lock.
    I know the volvo system is -output, so what is the issue and cure for the aftermarket systems lack of ability to lock the central locking? Everyone seems to get the car to unlock with aftermarket keyless but not lock and no-one on the web seems to give a definetive answer?
    Thanks.
    Jim
    Purple `95 855 t5 auto, MBC (13psi), boost gauge, cold air induction kit. I luv my purple bus...

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Have fitted a couple of these units.
    They also say tech support guide comes with it.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...UJJ0zx0pHiB2Dw
    Last edited by Harvey; Saturday 13th September 2014 at 20:32.

This user has no status

Thanks
    ok, thanks for the reply but not quite the answer Im looking for. Brand is unimportant to me, its the solution to the issue alot of people have of the lock function not working...
    Purple `95 855 t5 auto, MBC (13psi), boost gauge, cold air induction kit. I luv my purple bus...

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Not done it on a volvo but fitted it to my starlet.

I just needed to find the trigger wires that detect weather the key is turned one way or the other, splice the keyless system into it (after a fair amount of trial and error) and bobs yer granny.

Works from about 100m too.

Paid 15 quid from fleabay.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    fitted a few to my old jags, easiest install ever.
    this post needs to be 850 specific as someone somewhere knows the answer to the lock negative trigger issue.

Thanks
    The kit I used can trigger positive, negative and pneumatic.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Today I fitted new aftermarket keyless entry. located the lock/unlock trigger wires but when it comes to the lock trigger I found I had to cut one of the black common wires in the drivers door panel, then all works.
    Downside to doing it this way is you lose the ability to lock all doors using the key from the drivers side, but not using the key was the general idea.

Thanks
    Well done bit I'm not sure why you lost the ability to lock from the drivers door.?

If it's unavoidable, I'd wire the system into the passenger door instead.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah, I tried boosting the neg trigger output using a relay but no joy. You can still lock all the doors with the key from the passenger side though, so with hinesight wiring it in to the passenger sidewould be the better option...

Thanks
    .... But then there's the arse-ache of stripping 2 doors down, removing the wiring from one, fitting it to the other and putting it all back together.

Fair do mate

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_jim View Post
    Today I fitted new aftermarket keyless entry. located the lock/unlock trigger wires but when it comes to the lock trigger I found I had to cut one of the black common wires in the drivers door panel, then all works.
    Downside to doing it this way is you lose the ability to lock all doors using the key from the drivers side, but not using the key was the general idea.
    I know this is an old thread but I wanted to thank you for the solution to fitting an aftermarket keyless entry. I've been tearing my hair out trying to get the lock working and I finally found your solution and it works. I've spent days and days trawling forums and looking for a solution and yours is the only one I found.
    I've elected to disconnect the passenger front door as this seems to be the norm for car manufacturers when only one door operates the central locking. In some ways though I think the drivers door is better but the family over ruled me.
    Anyway - thank you.
    Volvo 850
    BMW 530i M-sportswagon
    Suzuki SX4
    Honda Odyssey
    Toyota Rav4
    Citroen DS23 safari wagon

Thread Information