Join Today
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Nice. I've experienced the BSR map on a c70 with (almost) the same engine, it's pretty good for driveability if a little lacking after 5krpm.

Will there be any other mods going on? As I have an identical engine in my car, I know there's a lot more to be had without impacting reliability (currently on 228k miles).
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Nice. I've experienced the BSR map on a c70 with (almost) the same engine, it's pretty good for driveability if a little lacking after 5krpm.

Will there be any other mods going on? As I have an identical engine in my car, I know there's a lot more to be had without impacting reliability (currently on 228k miles).
    Spot on, plenty planned just need funds! Have Pegs and S60R bumper to fit - I would like to go 400+ though aware upgraded internals required. Did stage 0 prior to map and a pipercross element , best upgrade yet has been front subframe polybush inserts made a huge difference to vague front end. Will likely poly bush front arms and upgrade brakes as although very recent discs and pads find them lacking, Maybe hoses required.

Suspension next so any VFM upgrade solutions much appreciated, cheers

Ps I feel inadequate my wagon being on just 97k, 200k+ with mods impressive!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T5boy For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Sunday 25th June 2017)

Thanks
    Best brake upgrade for your £££ is the xc90 336mm disks and calipers. Takes an hour to fit and you'll not believe the difference.
    Suspension wise, depends how far you're prepared to go - I have apex yellow springs and Boge Automatic shocks with lots of powerflex stuff.
    400bhp will be an expensive target but 300+ won't be hard and the torque will go up considerably.
    Don't forget good tyres - being a fwd torque monster, you'll find it understeering and lighting up a lot.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers for the advice, I fancy that setup though despite searching can't see any links to a guide/list of part numbers etc. So tricky to price up??? Yeah 400 probs optimistic will wait and see...I have nivomats are you BOGE self levellers like those or are they like Koni FSD's?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5boy View Post
    Cheers for the advice, I fancy that setup though despite searching can't see any links to a guide/list of part numbers etc. So tricky to price up??? Yeah 400 probs optimistic will wait and see...I have nivomats are you BOGE self levellers like those or are they like Koni FSD's?
    Like I said on your other post, just swap the rear shocks for whatever standard equivalent you fancy.
    Parts aren't too hard to track down on eBay, frf, Partsforvolvosonline.com etc.
    There's also a lot of good 2nd hand parts available on forums and Facebook.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Perfect thanks, for some reason thought different mounts required...@ 97k probs need a refresh anyway.

Thread Information