Join Today
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I have all the MTE software upgrades available here in the UK that have been referred to earlier in this thread. They cost £395 including VAT in all forms... Stage 1 stage 2 etc.

MTE offer to raise the torque limits in all cars fitted with AW transmissions. It is up to my customers to make the decision, unlike IPD I require no exchange of paperwork. In respect of the AWD cars it is important to remember that unlike the front wheel drive cars there is double the grip when it comes to loading up the transmission..... you loose the benefit of wheelspin in relation to protection of the transmission.....

I make no separate charge for MTE increasing the torque limits, that is an option included in the standard price.

Regards, Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    There are multiple kinds of performance limiting on the various models of Volvos. Not all are the same and the only one that was actually named "torque limiting" by Volvo was the system used on the Gear-Tronic models that were sold through 2005.

This Gear-Tronic torque limiting is built into the ECU programming to protect the torque converter in the first two gears. In effect, this drastically curtails the available power in the first two gears and can be removed. IPD has always had the ability to remove this, and still does at the request of the customer on applicable cars. I don't know where any rumors to the contrary come from.

Other forms of performance limiting in the lower gears is not set up as a "cap" in the engine mapping the way the Gear-Tronic cars were done. In fact there is no "ECU based" torque limiting in the 2006 and later models. That does not mean that there is no performance limiting on the car. It means it cannot be removed from the ECU on the later models since it is not a straight limit in the ECU like the earlier cars.

Muddy much?
    Ken
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post2384484

Two different answers I am afraid. Also, the bold is factually incorrect. Anyway, this is what is causing all of the confusion, so it should be put right here!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    As I understand it, Ken is saying that <55 plate Geartronic = ECU torque limiter for 1st and 2nd.
    >06- Geartronic = Torque limiting but not in the ECU.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I think they are both in the ECU with speaking with john via here and other forums.

Interesting though

This user has no status

Thanks
    Correct, both are in the ecu. Tbh, I don't believe for one second that MTE don't know that so I think Ken will be misinformed.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Worth pointing out that the p2.5s have uprated angle gears and collars.

What is interesting is the p2.5 auto 6sp has a bespoke collar that is uprated (larger) and unique to this car, not sure if the angle gear is also unique.

Mines on 146k miles and recently had the angle gear removed by my excellent Indy it get to the oil return from the turbo.

He inspected the collar and said if still looks good.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Worth pointing out that the p2.5s have uprated angle gears and collars.

What is interesting is the p2.5 auto 6sp has a bespoke collar that is uprated (larger) and unique to this car, not sure if the angle gear is also unique.

Mines on 146k miles and recently had the angle gear removed by my excellent Indy it get to the oil return from the turbo.

He inspected the collar and said if still looks good.
    That's only on MY06 onwards, MY05 still had the older gen2 haldex.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Ok so it's on my 07/03/2006 car, cool well I hope it is lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes you're will be MY06, MY05 was also a P2.5 to confuse things.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    They like a bit of confusion.

So is mine the same as the xc60 as i know it's got a different angle gear / haldex set up.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    They like a bit of confusion.

So is mine the same as the xc60 as i know it's got a different angle gear / haldex set up.
    Not sure, if the XC60 has a gen 3 haldex adn a DEM then I guess it will be.

It's basically a gen2 with an additional pump afaik. I think the collar was also improved somewhat.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Can we pin this for newbies

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Seeing this pop up again, I thought I'd ad a little more

The autotech map on mine seems to adapt well to new mods.
    I fitted a 3" downpipe and race cat and it loved it, I fitted greens and after a bit of overfuelling, it adapted nicely.

New turbo coming soon and I'll update with how it reacts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

LockdownLen (Tuesday 30th March 2021)

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    just a standard swap or an upgrade?

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    2005 V70 r elevate air management system 200 cell sports cat and ipd oval cat back, forge CBV. stage 2 rica re-map. car runs fine but i have been having an issue reaching boost and it spikes around 12psi erratically. i have tried a few solutions but with no success. not sure if it is the re-map or something else. Nearly at the give up point.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Have you done the usual check for boost leaks on the main boost pipework and also the vac hoses. Could also be the Turbo Control Valve is needs replacing as if it hasn't been done before now its well overdue.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Craigtange (Tuesday 25th August 2015)

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    Have you done the usual check for boost leaks on the main boost pipework and also the vac hoses. Could also be the Turbo Control Valve is needs replacing as if it hasn't been done before now its well overdue.
    I am just about to do this I will let you know the results.

cheers, Craig

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigtange View Post
    I am just about to do this I will let you know the results.

cheers, Craig
    the TCV that is.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigtange View Post
    2005 V70 r elevate air management system 200 cell sports cat and ipd oval cat back, forge CBV. stage 2 rica re-map. car runs fine but i have been having an issue reaching boost and it spikes around 12psi erratically. i have tried a few solutions but with no success. not sure if it is the re-map or something else. Nearly at the give up point.
    Almost definately an air leak, possibly internal so won't show up on smoke leak test.
    Erratic spike of boost is the give away.
    Most ppl think that air leaks put on engine light but in most cases they won't. Should see some error codes thou.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I bet you'll have an error code in relation to MAF. This doesn't mean the MAF is knackered, just means you have an air leak.

Thread Information