Join Today
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Not being funny, but WTF is a stage 2.5?
    Exactly what is it your getting half of?
    With regards to BSR, they do stage 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Stage 1 is 348bhp/498Nm but you need a freeflow air filter and at least cat back exhaust. (Model R only).
    Last edited by LeeT5; Monday 20th June 2016 at 11:10.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    340 on stage 1?

Erm.... I think you might have been told a bit of a porky-pie...
    Mine had dp and catback and map made 337bhp and 360ftlbs no intercooler what's that stage 1.5?

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Hilton website has some good info on the stages

http://hiltontuning.com/product-cate...nes/volvo/p2r/

Their version for the R models:

Stage 1 software only
    Stage 2 downpipe & catback + software
    Stage 2.5 dowpipe, catback, intercooler, MAF upgrade + software
    Stage 3 downpipe, catback, intercooler, MAF, injectors, turbo + software
    Stage 4 (!) same as stage 3 I think but with more boost

I'm planning to take my S60R into Shemtek for possibly one of the above or maybe live mapping - not sure who does that for him maybe Dream3r via emails
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Monday 20th June 2016 at 08:09.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Monday 20th June 2016)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Not being funny, but WTF is a stage 2.5?
    Exactly what is it your getting half of?
    With regards to BSR, they do stage 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Stage 1 is 348bhp/498Nm but you need a freeflow air filter and at least car back exhaust.
    Shems stage 2.5 is a basic stage 2, full exhaust, injectors, intercooler but then with the billet wheel for the turbo, you can also add the larger maf to that, stage 3 is with a bigger turbo.

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    Hilton website has some good info on the stages

http://hiltontuning.com/product-cate...nes/volvo/p2r/

Their version for the R models:

Stage 1 software only
    Stage 2 downpipe & catback + software
    Stage 2.5 dowpipe, catback, intercooler, MAF upgrade + software
    Stage 3 downpipe, catback, intercooler, MAF, injectors, turbo + software
    Stage 4 (!) same as stage 3 I think but with more boost

I'm planning to take my S60R into Shemtek for possibly one of the above or maybe live mapping - not sure who does that for him maybe Dream3r via emails
    I think Shem maps them him self now.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnash2002 View Post
    I think Shem maps them him self now.
    o didn't realise he did them himself, the plan is to get my car down there shortly for a map maybe this week or next. Not really looking for any hardware changes unless something breaks...so probably will go for stage 2, as the car already has dp, catback & KL racing intercooler. I liked the idea of the map switching via the COMFORT/SPORT/ADVANCED buttons on the Hilton website

This user has no status
    Thanks
    o didn't realise he did them himself, the plan is to get my car down there shortly for a map maybe this week or next. Not really looking for any hardware changes unless something breaks...so probably will go for stage 2, as the car already has dp, catback & KL racing intercooler. I liked the idea of the map switching via the COMFORT/SPORT/ADVANCED buttons on the Hilton website
    Im hoping to get mine mapped for the 2.5 next week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rnash2002 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 20th June 2016)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinking2020 View Post
    oh really. I thought stage 1 was 340BHP. There's alot of tuning websites saying 330BHP, 340BHP. BSR website says 354BHP on a stage 1 and stage 2 with same power.

When it got mapped there was no dyno or printout. Maybe worth getting her on a dyno before doing stage 2.5 to see where I'm at and then dyno after.
    Ah - didn't realise it was an R, my mistake
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Rnash2002 (Monday 20th June 2016)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stage 2.5 is pretty much RS4 Maf.

This might be useful information: Prices from Shemtek

RS4 Maf is £120.00 but requires custom intake pipe and modifying to airbox, that's another £200.00

For the billet wheel install, if the turbo needs rebuilding that's £400.00

Stage 1 - £300.00
    Stage 2 - £400.00
    Stage 2.5 - £450.00

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevinking2020 For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Wednesday 27th July 2016),jamesy12345 (Monday 20th June 2016),Rnash2002 (Monday 20th June 2016)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I have been selling MTE's Swdedish written, well received software calibrations for nigh on 20 years now. For all those vehicles with ME7 and ME9 ECU's the price is £395 including VAT and you do not need to travel to install it, you do it yourself using MTE's unique Softloader interface to connect an XP equipped or compatible laptop to your car's OBD port. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155.

There are only effectively 2 stages of tune available at these prices stage 1 does not require any physical changes, but stage 2 requires both a replacement downpipe with special cat and a 'sports' cat back to acheive the full target outputs. If you buy and install stage 2 it will run the car to stage 1 outputs due to the sophistication of MTE's calibration and MTE not interfering with Volo/Bosch component protection protocols, this is usefull for those not wanting to fit the full exhaust maybe due to budget restraints at the start. With these MTE calibrations you do not need to change anything else, no filters, no bigger injectors, nothing to get their calibrations to safely run your car. The inlet tracts of these cars are pretty good from the factory, as are the intercoolers. You do need to invest in a very good quality intercooler if you are going to press on in high ambient temperatures or take your car on track at any temperatures. An intercooler will not increase outputs otherwise, unless as part of a much higher output project, a good one will solely stop the ECU invoking those component protection protocols from pulling back on the higher set target. The only intercooler that does this is the UK made kit available from Tim Williams in Coalville at £850 all in.

Back to MTE's calibrations.

The outputs you will get with MTE software alone are for stage 1 Earlier P2 T5 275bhp, 430nm, later 2.4l T5 330bhp, 480nm. R 335bhp 480nm.

plus a full good quality sports exhaust stage2 Earlier T5 300bhp, 460nm, later 2.4l T5 350bhp, 500nm. R 360bhp 500nm.

Don.
    Last edited by don kalmar union; Monday 20th June 2016 at 19:55.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stage 2.5 map is rs4 maf and redone torque model. I know as I did it worth in on a p2r as the Maf is pegged a bit. Softloader is win7 to win 10 though ideally the car should be ram logged before and after.

Shems your man!
    Last edited by Dream3r; Wednesday 27th July 2016 at 23:00.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
    I have been selling MTE's Swdedish written, well received software calibrations for nigh on 20 years now. For all those vehicles with ME7 and ME9 ECU's the price is £395 including VAT and you do not need to travel to install it, you do it yourself using MTE's unique Softloader interface to connect an XP equipped or compatible laptop to your car's OBD port. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155.

There are only effectively 2 stages of tune available at these prices stage 1 does not require any physical changes, but stage 2 requires both a replacement downpipe with special cat and a 'sports' cat back to acheive the full target outputs. If you buy and install stage 2 it will run the car to stage 1 outputs due to the sophistication of MTE's calibration and MTE not interfering with Volo/Bosch component protection protocols, this is usefull for those not wanting to fit the full exhaust maybe due to budget restraints at the start. With these MTE calibrations you do not need to change anything else, no filters, no bigger injectors, nothing to get their calibrations to safely run your car. The inlet tracts of these cars are pretty good from the factory, as are the intercoolers. You do need to invest in a very good quality intercooler if you are going to press on in high ambient temperatures or take your car on track at any temperatures. An intercooler will not increase outputs otherwise, unless as part of a much higher output project, a good one will solely stop the ECU invoking those component protection protocols from pulling back on the higher set target. The only intercooler that does this is the UK made kit available from Tim Williams in Coalville at £850 all in.

The outputs you will get with MTE software alone are for stage 1 Earlier P2 T5 275bhp, 430nm, later 2.4l T5 330bhp, 480nm. R 335bhp 480nm.

plus a full good quality sports exhaust stage2 Earlier T5 300bhp, 460nm, later 2.4l T5 350bhp, 500nm. R 360bhp 500nm.

Don.
    That's me sorted then
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post

Don.
    I'd say a little optimistic on power figures but tbh not excessively had 3 mte mapped cars and a bsr.

I'd certainly have another mte map going by the previous cars.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Bump....has anyone tried Hilton yet in the UK? If so, what stage & combination of hardware??

Considering a stage 2.5 or even 3...

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Bump....has anyone tried Hilton yet in the UK? If so, what stage & combination of hardware??

Considering a stage 2.5 or even 3...
    Yes Shem has mapped a V70r on manual conversion using 2.5 and anti lag, not seen figures for it but I've been in contact with Robert Hilton and he said he would come to the U.K. and map at a Dyno session with enough interest or one can load his maps via dice.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 21st November 2016)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Yes Shem has mapped a V70r on manual conversion using 2.5 and anti lag, not seen figures for it but I've been in contact with Robert Hilton and he said he would come to the U.K. and map at a Dyno session with enough interest or one can load his maps via dice.
    I would be interested in that if Robert came to the UK.

I need another remap and been looking into Hilton's stage 2 with anti-lag & No Lift shift, but with the pound dropped it's £604

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinking2020 For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Tuesday 22nd November 2016)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Yes exchange rate is a pita

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinking2020 View Post
    I would be interested in that if Robert came to the UK.

I need another remap and been looking into Hilton's stage 2 with anti-lag & No Lift shift, but with the pound dropped it's £604

There is just so much that is rotten about this proposition.

Do you have any idea, at all, what this nonsense does to a clutch.... any clutch.

Such stuff is to be considered only on true competition cars, a thoroughly dishonest proposition for a 'road' car.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Friday 23rd June 2017),Shinsplintz 101 (Tuesday 22nd November 2016),stribo (Wednesday 23rd November 2016)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Here is the latest file I have on my car. It was tuned by Gustav (contrast).

The mods on my engine are:
    Green Injectors
    K24 with 11 blade billet wheel (non-hybrid)
    Do88 BigPack
    Do88 3" intake hose
    Ferrita Downpipe and Catback
    Colder spark plugs (Denso Iridium IKH27)
    IPD HD coils

I have other stuff like the D5 oil cooler, S40/C30 T5 exhaust gasket, but it wont make any difference on the dyno. I got with the tune the shift light and the knock light.

Dyno plot (stock vs tuned) - both done on 4th gear.
    Name:  Stage 2.5.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  330.2 KB

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric@rdo For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Saturday 10th June 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks

V70 p2 bsr ppc.....

Hi all, seems appropriate my first post is a positive one!

Recently installed the S1 BSR map on my 2003 V70 T5, I was very sceptical having read lots of slightly negative posts on other forums but my experience is 100% satisfaction. Power builds smoothly from around 2000 rpm all the way past 6000 rpm and is very 'drivable' throughout the range. Throttle response is good (not the spiky beast some have experienced) and mid range torque dramatically improved, as you can tell I'm hugely impressed!

I have probably remapped around 10 of my cars, mainly VAG & BMW from the likes of REVO, APR and custom bespoke maps the BSR tune is easily on a par in my opinion.

To conclude perhaps BSR listened to customer feedback and revised throttle mapping, in any case a fantastic product - recommended and makes the old V70 a perfect MTB carrier for weekend fun!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to T5boy For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Saturday 24th June 2017)

Thread Information